Nico, only player on the Devils to finish even

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Hischier has most certainly lived up to his 1st overall billing for NJ fans

Its other teams fans who put a higher bill on him because of a hot streak in Pettersson and then Heiskanen blowing up + playoffs. Hes 20 years old weighing 180 playing top comp finishing even for a -53 differential team, and also put up a 55pt pace on a TERRIBLE team.

Not every 1st overall has to score 60+ in their first two years. Instant gratification others are looking for doesnt determine Hischiers legacy.

If their careers ended today, sure, Heiskanen and Pettersson were better. But they dont.

When your not close to being The best player in The draft its safe to say he has not. Hes not a bust like Patrick but shouldnt have gone on top 3.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
When your not close to being The best player in The draft its safe to say he has not. Hes not a bust like Patrick but shouldnt have gone on top 3.

I think its funny to already declare a best player for a draft of wich the majority of the players have only played one season, or have not broken into the NHL at all yet. Just look at the 2010 draft for example: First Hall is supposedly the best player, then Skinner, then Seguin, after that Tarasenko, then Hall again and after the last playoffs people were making a case for Kuznetsov. And that draft was 9 years ago. People are also overrating rookie storylines all the time. Remember when Barzal was in the Matthews tier of players or Provorov a sure fire future norris canditate?

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and Oneiro

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
It is important to note that Nico initially played with Hall, then Hall got injured, so of course then Nico could finally start bringing his plus-minus into the positives again once his one-way cherry-picking teammate was out of the lineup.
Hischier was +9 at 5v5 when Hall was on the ice with him and a -3 without Hall on the ice

Reactions: The Drop

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
dont know why i ever come over to the main board, all it is is garbage takes like this
Im sorry to hear that you consider facts as garbage.

Nico has a slight argument for 3rd. But thats a coin toss with him and Makar. He has no business going over Miro or Elias, none.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Has anybody on this forum actually called him a bust? I think pretty much everybody acknowledges that he’s a fantastic young player but just slightly underwhelming for his draft position. I do think he is a little underrated by non-Devils fans though.
In due time I think most fans will view Nico in same way they did Patrik Elias, as a underrated two-way player. The more and more I see Nico's game I feel like I'm watching #26 out there.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Has anybody on this forum actually called him a bust? I think pretty much everybody acknowledges that he’s a fantastic young player but just slightly underwhelming for his draft position. I do think he is a little underrated by non-Devils fans though.
I don't think anyone actually believes he's a bust, but yeah a couple of folks were talking like the Devils made a huge mistake drafting him.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Weird thread.

Still, Nico Hischier probably is underrated right now. He has very high potential and is an impressive players. Perhaps because he's not flashy he's not more highly regarded. I don't think he was a failure of a #1OA at all(unlike the #2).
In Patrick's defense, he has had a slow start due to injuries. I still think he can break out if he stays healthy.

Reactions: NinjaKick

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
The Devils iced one of the worst lineups I've ever witnessed this season and Nico played against 1st line competition and still finished even as a 19/20 year old... I'll make a bold prediction and say that Nico WILL win a Selke at some point in his career...
is a potential Selke winner worth a 1st overall draft pick? based on the Devils history, I say yes

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
They’re upset they made the wrong pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->