Nico Hischier - Elite?

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
20 years old playing vs top competition and thriving, I think he's elite and gonna win a selke in the near future, a perfect Devil

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
yeah once he gets on the 1st pp his spike in points will push him into the next level at least in terms of recognition. he's going to be very very good for us

i think he is elite.. he is going to be an elite center .. he is already a pro.. his defensive game is already elite.. he sucked at face-offs now he is good.. he improves himself.. he rarely makes the wrong play...he will be an elite player #1 center without question and a franchise player

Reactions: MichaelJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There haven't been many young players to really be super excited about here in a long time. I think he's really the first in a while and it's probably because he's doing it at the NHL level already. So it's not like we have to look forward to some ''Stud'' like Jon Merrill or Santini to come up in a few years or something.

Bratt is another one that I'm super excited for the future with right now.

I don't think Nico even gets enough credit for his work this year. Especially since Hall went down.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Nico has work to do before he is elite. There is another step or two IMO before he can be deemed one of the best in his position.

Reactions: theoptimist

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I don't consider too many players elite so I don't think he's there yet. If he hits Bergeron/Kopitar/Barkov level then I will call him elite. If he becomes Couturier/O'Reilly level then he's the tier below elite.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't consider too many players elite so I don't think he's there yet. If he hits Bergeron/Kopitar/Barkov level then I will call him elite. If he becomes Couturier/O'Reilly level then he's the tier below elite.
He's already MUCH better than O'Reilly was at his age, never mind Couturier at that age.

Couturier didn't become this good until he was about 25.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
I don't consider too many players elite so I don't think he's there yet. If he hits Bergeron/Kopitar/Barkov level then I will call him elite. If he becomes Couturier/O'Reilly level then he's the tier below elite

He's already MUCH better than O'Reilly was at his age, never mind Couturier at that age

Nico is also better than Barkov at his age. Barkov and Nico will probably have a huge fight in future of Selke Trophy.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He has the potential to be that under the radar Elias level type player, and that is something is perfectly fine.

Not the most flashy, but a very sound and overall finesse, reliable player.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Define Elite.

Players you build around? That is just as broad and ambiguous as "Elite"

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Define Elite.

Players you build around? That is just as broad and ambiguous as "Elite"

i would define it as a top 3 player in the league at his position. the answer is obviously

giphy.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He's already MUCH better than O'Reilly was at his age, never mind Couturier at that age.

Couturier didn't become this good until he was about 25.

I'm talking about what they are now, not what they were. The question was is Nico elite now. I don't think he is, but I think if he has a few Kopi/Bergy/Barkov like seasons he will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad