nickname for arena

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The Pie? I don’t get it...Always liked the Dough Joe when it comes to clever little names tho.

I usually call it the LCA but my SO often mistakenly refers to it as LCR (it’s an acronym she uses a lot at work) so sometimes I call it the VCR to make fun of her.

Reactions: Ezekial

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
I don’t understand why this is a topic of discussion.

How often does one say the actual name of an arena, let alone nickname?
"Going to the Pie to watch the Wings tonight"
"What a night at the Pie last night"
"the Pie was rockin' last night"
etc, etc, etc

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
"Going to the Pie to watch the Wings tonight"
"What a night at the Pie last night"
"the Pie was rockin' last night"
etc, etc, etc

All of those sound incredibly stupid.

Nobody would ever say them. They might call it the Pie if it were circular and it had a dome like the old Silverdome and the thing had the aesthetics of being pie-shaped and it was sponsored by Sara Lee.

Like if it had a very distinct roofline or something or the top looked like a flaky crust, I could see it and it would be awesome.

Since it is none of those things, the name doesn't remotely fit.

It is Little Caesars Arena or LCA for short.

zwixrr

May 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
All of those sound incredibly stupid.

Nobody would ever say them. They might call it the Pie if it were circular and it had a dome like the old Silverdome and the thing had the aesthetics of being pie-shaped and it was sponsored by Sara Lee.

Like if it had a very distinct roofline or something or the top looked like a flaky crust, I could see it and it would be awesome.

Since it is none of those things, the name doesn't remotely fit.

It is Little Caesars Arena or LCA for short.

Why do you have to try to ruin everybody's enjoyment of having a nickname for an arena. It's a thread that's suppose to be fun and you're here just squashing it for us :(

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'll be at the LCA for the Wings game Saturday afternoon.

I don't like nicknames like that much. I hate that people call Artemi Panarin "bread"

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
"rocket" Richard...ya that nickname sucks.....nicknames are immensely popular in sports ..... hell, the wings used to play at the Joe

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
"rocket" Richard...ya that nickname sucks.....nicknames are immensely popular in sports ..... hell, the wings used to play at the Joe
I never said all nicknames suck. I think calling the arena "the Pie" cheesy and lame. FWIW I don't like the "Dough Joe" either even with its nice double meaning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad