Nicklas Jensen

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Not gunna lie I barely saw him on the ice.

But yeah he needs more time. No worries though. Hodgson didn't look great in his first few games either & now look at him, no reason to jump all over the kid.

Sedinery2011

Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, BC
He just needs more experience and ice time. I can tell he has the ability and the right ideas but his timing was way off. Just needs to play more. Same with Kassian. He also looks like he needs better conditioning.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Definitely best to send him down now. Don't know why we brought him up anyway. He clearly wasn't ready which is understandable considering his age.

Only time I noticed him was that chance he had with Kassian early on.

ZKass The Bass

Feb 10, 2013
London
He'd only played 11 games prior on NHL size ice surface. I wouldn't expect him to stand out as he was still adjusting and is not a flashy player overall.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
He looked good defensively and not out of place, but he is not ready yet as most expected. He can go to the Wolves and work on what he needs to elevate his game

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seems to be pretty defensively aware already though, which is a good sign. Just not ready yet, which is perfectly fine.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
He's ok but when kesler and Raymond comes back, he will be back in Chicago... Might come up for playoff

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
he's in over his head, didn't really deserve the call up in the first place

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
He's a step behind the play, given that NHL speed is a new experience, but he's obviously got good hockey sense, that's why he hasn't been getting burned.

It's a good experience for him, seeing what he needs to learn to play at the NHL level.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Not quite true. He did play in the OHL.

Ya, have to agree with this. The "he's getting used to NA ice surfaces" is a pretty weak excuse. He played 2 seasons in the OHL, then a short season in SEL, then has been back in NA for a dozen games now. Can't see why he would still be "getting used" to an ice surface that he's already quite used to. Not piling on the guy, he's young and young players tend to have wild swings in their performance. Just think its time to stop using that as an excuse ...

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
The game is still too fast for him, especially when the puck is on his stick. Has shown some glimpses of his skill and hockey sense though. Surprisingly adequate defensively too, which is a nice surprise. All in all I've felt he's given a respectable first showing and I'm looking forward to seeing where he is in a couple of years.

John Bender*

A Deer in the headlights I think..............not ready, but who is ready at 20, being thrown into a pro game when the team is in the stretch drive?

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Yeah we didn't see much of him in tonight's game, but he didn't look that bad when he was out there. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not going to say I'm impressed, but I like the base he has/physical tools I see.

I expected him to be alot slower and play with more tunnelvision.

Ryan96

Mar 1, 2013
Vancouver
You don't notice him much, but he is good in his own zone. I have seen him a few times break up cross ice passes on the rush which is great to see.

Wizeman*

I didnt notice him that much tonight. I will look for him Saturday.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Not ready for prime time.

As other posters wrote...
His timing is off.

I like his instincts though.
At least he is trying on the defensive end...
That should bode well for his chances for ice time.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
doesn't look NHL ready yet but did anyone really expect him to be?

He needs some time to develop. You could see tonight that he's looking a little lost. Didn't seem confident with (or around) the puck, looked slow on the forecheck. All developmental issues - just takes time.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not NHL ready but glad that he's up here getting some experience. He's a guy I think needs to make the team next year for cap purposes, so hopefully he can come back and have a strong camp in September.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Not ready, but not looking bad. I think the coaching staff wants a little time to work with him before he's sent down.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I would've liked to see him on the powerplay that's where I think he can do his damage at this point in his development. But he will probably need a summer of working out and getting acclimated vs men in the AHL. Would like to see him on the black aces if it ends early in Chi though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad