Nickerson

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
See, you are missing the point. O=S was pointing out that even IF Nickerson had below average skating/mobility, it may not hold him back, because those attributes(poor skating/mobility) did not hold back a guy like Hatcher. He wasnt comparing him directly to Hatcher.
They would have held him back if not for his tremendous defensive game at the age of 18... and his much superior offensive skills... hence the 62 point season he put up in his sophomore season.

That's probably why he went #8 in the draft.

I assure you, if he wasn't that great in the other aspects of the game, he would likely be in the same situation as some of the crappy #6/7 defensemen in the league.

It's like saying... Wayne Gretzky was a poor skater, but HE made it... and Kyle Wellwood has a great chance at the NHL because Gretzky made it. But the rest of Gretzky's game was so much better that skating became a non-factor.

That's the case with Hatcher... you can't say the same is likely with Nickerson... because thus far he's shown no production and has shown serious problems with his emotions on the ice. Not really a smart player.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Carl O'Steen said:
That's the case with Hatcher... you can't say the same is likely with Nickerson... because thus far he's shown no production and has shown serious problems with his emotions on the ice. Not really a smart player.

He's also gotten better with his emotions on the ice. Keep in mind he is only 19 years old, and is now playing on a bad team. Give him a little bit of time to develop before you start inaccurately labeling him in the same mold as Cairns or Belak.

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
He's also gotten better with his emotions on the ice. Keep in mind he is only 19 years old, and is now playing on a bad team. Give him a little bit of time to develop before you start inaccurately labeling him in the same mold as Cairns or Belak.
His game and success resembles a player of that ilk.

Btw, wasn't he suspended for 11 games a couple months ago? I don't think he's gotten a lot better, there are just bigger players and I don't think he runs his mouth as much.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:

Most of his 14 points (as a 18yo) in the NCAA came in the first part of the season, last year... he produced some and is now considered one of the best by his coach, he might be doing something right, no?

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:

Btw, wasn't he suspended for 11 games a couple months ago? I don't think he's gotten a lot better, there are just bigger players and I don't think he runs his mouth as much.

There's a 10 game suspension in the Q for comming back to the bench or something like that, it wasn't a big deal... you should know, you started the thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=118049 .

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Carl O'Steen said:

He's a better skater than both of those players(Cairns/Belak). He has better mobility than either of them. He has better puck skills than either of them. Outside of being big and mean, what else does he have in common with them?

Carl O'Steen said:

Yeah, he was suspended for returning to the bench after getting kicked out of a game(pretty weak)...and I love those last two lines. It shows that you actually dont know anything. You just think he hasn't gotten better. You just think he doesnt run his mouth as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->