Nick Suzuki vs Cody Glass

Who you take going forward?

• Total voters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Before this year I'd have said Glass with no hesitation but now I'm not so sure. I still think Glass has more upside but Suzuki has been amazing, better than Glass so far.

I'm going with Nuzuki because of bias reasons.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
I think Suzuki will be the more complete player, is having a better season at the moment and had a better season last year but mostly because I am bias I vote Suzuki

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Suzuki is looking better and better. Its still early but Suzuki might be the right choice here.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Went with Glass but Suzuki is a machine.
Still can't believe with got him with Tatar lol
A rare genius move by Dumb Dumb Bergevin
I'm happy we were able to get 1 of the 2, very surprised our dumbass GM was able to convince McPhee

I believe this was a win/win for both teams.

Pacioretty would currently be leading the habs in goals, assist and points right now. Vegas got the man they wanted in this trade.

Habs needed a change of scenery and got Tatar who also happens to be leading our team in points, and a great young process with amazing vision.

Reactions: Grantham

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Suzuki is better right now but I feel that Glass has higher potential but will hit his stride later (similar to Strome).
I would probably take Glass but it's really a toss up.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gallant bungled a great majority of Glass' early development by forcing him to his off position playing wing for a possession black hole in Cody Eakin, a master slumper in Alex Tuch or when Tuch was injured, a fourth line grinder who almost never scores Tomas Nosek.

I know Suzuki started out with weak linemates too but it can't really compare to Eakin, who the puck being on his stick meant death to any offensive zone time and I'm not exaggerating which meant Glass spent exponentially more time learning to recover turned over pucks than he did how to set up plays against NHL size and speed. And with Tuch, for Glass as a playmaker it's hard to develop chemistry when the guy you're trying to pass to is focused primarily on trying to carry the puck through traffic alone and losing it just before getting into a scoring area. And that's all before you get to how uncomfortable he looks playing as a winger instead of a center, a factor that Gallant clearly didn't give a shit about.

Add in that he's had two significant injuries this year and Glass probably would have been better off in the AHL this year. So I'm not saying Suzuki won't eventually be the right choice but it's not really a fair comparison this year and this isn't the right time for this poll.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Gallant bungled a great majority of Glass' early development by forcing him to his off position playing wing for a possession black hole in Cody Eakin, a master slumper in Alex Tuch or when Tuch was injured, a fourth line grinder who almost never scores Tomas Nosek.

I know Suzuki started out with weak linemates too but it can't really compare to Eakin, who the puck being on his stick meant death to any offensive zone time and I'm not exaggerating which meant Glass spent exponentially more time learning to recover turned over pucks than he did how to set up plays against NHL size and speed. And with Tuch, for Glass as a playmaker it's hard to develop chemistry when the guy you're trying to pass to is focused primarily on trying to carry the puck through traffic alone and losing it just before getting into a scoring area. And that's all before you get to how uncomfortable he looks playing as a winger instead of a center, a factor that Gallant clearly didn't give a **** about.

Add in that he's had two significant injuries this year and Glass probably would have been better off in the AHL this year. So I'm not saying Suzuki won't eventually be the right choice but it's not really a fair comparison this year and this isn't the right time for this poll.
All I read were excuses. Suzuki wasn't given any proper linemates at all. He earned everything he got on his own. But I understand how it must suck that your team gave away the "worse prospect" when he was in fact your best. Happens to all of us (Sergachev).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->