Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I remember when Toffoli signed he basically said he came here to play with Suzuki after watching him in the bubble. Guess he saw a guy who would be a perfect fit for him. Two guys with just unreal skill and IQ who like to slow the game down and then pounce.
Careful, people will bring up stats that show that KK should play with Toffoli and not Suzuki...

I really do think Suzuki and Toffoli compliment each other well. If Drouin comes back and plays like the start of the year, he'd look good next to them too imo.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Careful, people will bring up stats that show that KK should play with Toffoli and not Suzuki...

I really do think Suzuki and Toffoli compliment each other well. If Drouin comes back and plays like the start of the year, he'd look good next to them too imo.
I like them with a big body like Armia myself. But no denying the chemistry they have.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That pass to Danault was awesome. Everyone thought he was going to shoot. Love the brains on this kid.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Pretty obvious that Drouin was weighing Suzuki down when you look at it... basically as soon as Drouin isn’t stapled to him, he explodes again offensively. Has looked a thousand percent better since Drouin left, and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. Great to see this kid come back to life we needed his offensive output desperately.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Pretty obvious that Drouin was weighing Suzuki down when you look at it... basically as soon as Drouin isn’t stapled to him, he explodes again offensively. Has looked a thousand percent better since Drouin left, and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. Great to see this kid come back to life we needed his offensive output desperately.

They looked great together both in the play-ins and to start the year, and also slumped at the same time this season. They also didn't play together for the recent stretch before Drouin came out of the lineup.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
They looked great together both in the play-ins and to start the year, and also slumped at the same time this season. They also didn't play together for the recent stretch before Drouin came out of the lineup.

That’s rewriting history at its finest. They never looked great together in the play-ins, Suzuki looked great and carried Drouin who finally played a couple of good games at the end. This year Drouin was once again carried by Suzuki and Anderson for the early part of the season, while playing the occasional good game. That’s just the facts.

Jonathan Drouin - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

57.1 percent of his even strength time on the ice was spent with Suzuki.

96.5 percent of his (Drouin) power play time on the ice was spent with Suzuki. Where he produced 5 points. Total. Suzuki has had that in the past 4 games.

Suzuki has been carrying Drouin. And it’s no surprise that as soon as he’s been set free, his production has picked back up.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Literally both his primary assists he feigned the shot. It’s such a threat when you can snipe like he can and also dish it, opens up a lot of ice

One of the big differences right now is he isn’t afraid of using his shot or faking the shot. For a good part of the season he was almost always looking to pass the puck, he seems to have corrected that in his game of late.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Great to see him recover from that mid-season slump. He's been carrying the offense along with Petry the past few games!

On pace for 60 points now in a full season! Not giving up on KK, but it's really good to see one of our young centres showing big improvement offensively!

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
335A9CFD-EFF5-457D-8354-114BA2380616.jpeg

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Slick Nick is the real deal. He’s gonna be a point per game next year playing with Toffoli. This duo is for real.
PPG is a high bar. I highly doubt Toffoli is going to repeat this year which should impact Suzuki's production. If he can hit 65-70 I'd be more than happy, since it would imply a greater level of consistency.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad