Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
He needs to freaking work on his first 1-2 steps. This guy has no acceleration, no speed. Hope he will work on it in the offseason. He'll become such an offensive force then. Something's so odd about his skating lately. Too heavy or something.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He’s found himself again. Playing like a legit superstar right now. Picking off passes, dangling opponents, sniping goals, floating sweet saucers... just top notch.

Reactions: dinodebino

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I'm so glad Suzuki is getting hot at the perfect time, bodes well for what's to come if he can continue playing like that. Can't wait to see what other level he's going to be able to get to when he gets into playoff "do or die" mode hehe. I know I was hard on him, but only because I knew that for this team to have any success, Suzuki would have to be playing like he's playing right now. Now if only KK can get a second wind after the pre playoff break and go back to beast mode KK we all know he can be, this might become a fun ride... maybe hehe

Reactions: Paddy17

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I didn't read the GDT but I don't understand why the goal was disallowed. The way that I saw it, Perry was locked in the crease by the opposing dman.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I didn't read the GDT but I don't understand why the goal was disallowed. The way that I saw it, Perry was locked in the crease by the opposing dman.

One could say that he cut through the crease minimally and there was no where to go as the d was backing up,hence bumped Perry into the goalie,seen it called and also not called.

70Stang

Feb 21, 2008
Big props to Suzuki, he has really stepped up last 2 games. Seems to have some jump back in his step. He could be a dominant player if he can develop more speed. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its a grey area because then players can facilitate contact with the goalie, especially a smart player like Perry, but then whats stopping defenders from just running a player in the goaltender?

I think it was the right call, the onus should be on the opposing players IMO, but its a tough one.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
the way he's digging in and showing up at the most important time of the year is yet another great sign for his high-end ceiling...

the kid has some great tools btw the ears to go with a lot of skill. the future is bright!

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Its a grey area because then players can facilitate contact with the goalie, especially a smart player like Perry, but then whats stopping defenders from just running a player in the goaltender?

I think it was the right call, the onus should be on the opposing players IMO, but its a tough one.
Problem is as we’ve seen, the contact was outside the crease and his skate was on the line at best. The consistency with this call in this league is horrific and seems to work against us every time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Problem is as we’ve seen, the contact was outside the crease and his skate was on the line at best. The consistency with this call in this league is horrific and seems to work against us every time.
The consistemcy is very bad, thats why I think just calling all those close calls like this could help.

Or thicken up the line around the blue paint and make this a free zone

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Perry's skate was clearly in the crease. And Perry was the one initiating the contact to establish net-front position. The defender was boxing him out, not bumping him into the goalie.

ngivFkDao8NLUWv97

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad