No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Reopen thread. Godzuki.

77CF2F28-27B0-49BF-A0A9-E821DAC93BA3.gif

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He has brains, but I'm seriously concerned his skating will significantly limit his effectiveness.

Other than that, he surprised me positively with his resilience. Was on a fast track to Laval, but refused to be unsettled and keeps improving.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He has brains, but I'm seriously concerned his skating will significantly limit his effectiveness.

Other than that, he surprised me positively with his resilience. Was on a fast track to Laval, but refused to be unsettled and keeps improving.

I was happy to see another not too big, not too fast player do well last year: O'Reilly.

I'll have to see Suzuki's pace at 25 years old before I start to worry about his pace. He'll keep working on his skating and increase his speed as he gets older. Gallagher was much slower when he first came into the league.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I'd like to think he'll keep working on that aspect and hopefully improve to a point where it's at least not a negative. He's actually not bad agility/quick turn wise, he's just not able to generate much explosiveness and his lower body looks a bit weak . I can copy and paste that with Kotka honestly, he's in the same boat.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Suzuki is not a bad skater but watching him on the ice with that high IQ both defensively and offensively, you just wish his skating was a tad more explosive. Like many have said, he'll most likely improve that aspect of his game.
He looked pretty explosive in preseason. Hes already improved tremendously since last year and I'm sure he will keep improving.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Making him play with a more meat and potatoes line is a genius move by Julien. He's bringing more shift-to-shift consistency.

Reactions: Habs Icing

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Suzuki is not a bad skater but watching him on the ice with that high IQ both defensively and offensively, you just wish his skating was a tad more explosive. Like many have said, he'll most likely improve that aspect of his game.
I'm not sure how much more your skating can improve or if you can suddenly become "explosive" . That's a lot to do with fast twitch muscle and genetics.

That being said he has the hockey smarts and hands. I predicted last year he would become a very good NHLer. Not elite but very good.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm not sure how much more your skating can improve or if you can suddenly become "explosive" . That's a lot to do with fast twitch muscle and genetics.

That being said he has the hockey smarts and hands. I predicted last year he would become a very good NHLer. Not elite but very good.

He has all the makings to be a steady 60-pt guy in his prime, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad