Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
He wanted to come here the first time he was a ufa, but Bergevin turned him down, allegedly because of his concussion history.

But the league became less physical, and MB was going for speed two summers ago. He should have outbid St. Louis's measly 4 million AAV offer. Amazing how a player's market value dropped because of one mediocre playoff. Then the next year he has another good regular season and is a key piece in winning a cup.

The UFA market is MB's weakness. Here's a Quebecer who wanted to come home (we could have used adding more Quebecers, the ability to add a local kid that wants to come home, to our advantage) and he passed. Sigh...

Perron was one of the worst Vegas players (with Tatar) during those SC Finals before becoming UFA. That's the reason why Perron was not re-signed by Vegas, and Tatar packaged to MTL for Patches.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
YaeP5ie.gif

Strong eyebrows game!

Another thing he's good at!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Perron was one of the worst Vegas players (with Tatar) during those SC Finals before becoming UFA. That's the reason why Perron was not re-signed by Vegas, and Tatar packaged to MTL for Patches.

yes I know: Vegas was wrong on both counts based on one playoff.

Tatar and Perron are both great players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar hasn't been so great so far this year...

He's bot our leading scorer by accident.

But yes too many penalties and giveaways.

Having said that in the short sequence i saw yesterday Danault turned the puck over 3 times, and Gallagher once at our own blue line...

I like that Tatar can fonish and make plays. I wish we had two Tatars so one could play with Danault and Gallagher and the other with Domi and Suzuki. 3 would be better so Kk would also get to play with him. Too bad MB passed on Perron, Mojo, Dzingle, and Nyquist. Those are the level of free agents that do come to Montreal (Radulov, Cammalleri, Gionta, Erik Cole, Hamerlik, etc..)

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
He's bot our leading scorer by accident.

But yes too many penalties and giveaways.

Having said that in the short sequence i saw yesterday Danault turned the puck over 3 times, and Gallagher once at our own blue line...

I like that Tatar can fonish and make plays. I wish we had two Tatars so one could play with Danault and Gallagher and the other with Domi and Suzuki. 3 would be better so Kk would also get to play with him. Too bad MB passed on Perron, Mojo, Dzingle, and Nyquist. Those are the level of free agents that do come to Montreal (Radulov, Cammalleri, Gionta, Erik Cole, Hamerlik, etc..)

Everybody's game was ugly last night though, like, everyone.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He wanted to come here the first time he was a ufa, but Bergevin turned him down, allegedly because of his concussion history.

But the league became less physical, and MB was going for speed two summers ago. He should have outbid St. Louis's measly 4 million AAV offer. Amazing how a player's market value dropped because of one mediocre playoff. Then the next year he has another good regular season and is a key piece in winning a cup.

The UFA market is MB's weakness. Here's a Quebecer who wanted to come home (we could have used adding more Quebecers, the ability to add a local kid that wants to come home, to our advantage) and he passed. Sigh...
I didnt know the inside story, that's too bad.
he's actually a player who would really balance things out well on the team.
Not many of those players around.
Look at Boston, already a bunch of tough customers. What do they do this off season. Get Brett Ritchie, who i've always liked, although he's having a rough year this year.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's good, I like him. I just don't think he's great.

My bad if I'm being too anal about words.

Tatar has not played well but has been incredibly lucky with his scoring. He is floating way too much and is due for a drought if he doesn't improve.

He has annoyed me all season by not showing the hustle and grit that he did last year. I am not saying that he has been terrible but he has noticeably reduced his effort from last season. Unfortunately most fans look at stats first when they form their opinion.

I am definitely happy with Suzuki's progression but he could also use a small uptick in his effort/urgency level.

Reactions: Acadien86

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Good job to put once again Suzuki in a position where he doesn't belong. They're doing everything backwards. Like the opposite of what's moral. Our development 101 ladies and gentleman as I call it... They should be banned of the NHL for life. How could they be in charge of this huge responsibility?

Jul 6, 2016
Good job to put once again Suzuki in a position where he doesn't belong. They're doing everything backwards. Like the opposite of what's moral. Our development 101 ladies and gentleman as I call it... They should be banned of the NHL for life. How could they be in charge of this huge responsibility?

Suzuki can play on rw, no problem. There is no rush. + he will be used more minutes than if you would play center on the bottom-six.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

so if it's so simple, go ahead and tell us who should play wing: Domi, Danault, Suzuki, or KK?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How about scratch the 4C.

I don't have a problem with that. But still I don't want KK or Suzuki playing with Cousins and Weal...

Again, my bigger beef is MB saying he wouldn't consider signing Nyquist because he's not a fan of his game, but then he fills the forwards lines with lesser offensive players like Byron, Armia, Lehkonen, Cousins, Weal.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I don't have a problem with that. But still I don't want KK or Suzuki playing with Cousins and Weal...

Again, my bigger beef is MB saying he wouldn't consider signing Nyquist because he's not a fan of his game, but then he fills the forwards lines with lesser offensive players like Byron, Armia, Lehkonen, Cousins, Weal.
Sorry man but that's a ridiculous argument. Nyquist signed for $5.5M for 4 years. Don't you think Bergevin would have liked his game enough if he had been able to sign him for Weal or Cousins like contracts? These guys signed for peanuts, you can't compare the signings.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012

I'll take Armia over Nyquist honestly

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry man but that's a ridiculous argument. Nyquist signed for $5.5M for 4 years. Don't you think Bergevin would have liked his game enough if he had been able to sign him for Weal or Cousins like contracts? These guys signed for peanuts, you can't compare the signings.

Yes Nyquists contract is the worst of the ones i mentioned, being 4 years. But Bergevin said he's not a fan of the player and we do have the cap space now. If there are cap issues down the road, he can always be traded.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes Nyquists contract is the worst of the ones i mentioned, being 4 years. But Bergevin said he's not a fan of the player and we do have the cap space now. If there are cap issues down the road, he can always be traded.
Or, if he and the staff don’t particularly like the player, it could be a hard pass and move on

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’ll take one of them and keep Suzuki in the top 9, recall Vedejmo if I must in case of injury
Tatar Danault Gallagher
___ Domi Suzuki
Drouin KK ____

Actually there are two spots in the top 9. I'll take Nyquist over Vejdemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad