Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
His junior team will play him at center. I dunno if it's the right decision. With Kotkaniemi and Poehling, Habs have two good ones to fill the top-two center positions.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
His junior team will play him at center. I dunno if it's the right decision. With Kotkaniemi and Poehling, Habs have two good ones to fill the top-two center positions.

Being moved from center to wing is not a difficult transition. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as he works hard and win his battles he should be fine.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Would you rather have Necas or Suzuki?

Necas.

Will also say Suzuki is in a great situation here. There’s very little expectation on him and he can develop at his own pace without being rushed in. See him able to be a very good player in a year or two and getting better for a long time.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
is it just a matter of skating ?
Not really sure to be honest. I haven't watched enough Necas tape to be able to tell you. They're both great players though. I think Necas is going to play C and Suzuki is going to shift to the wing depending on whether on not we get a C in the upcoming draft. Most people would rather have a centre over a winger.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Suzuki is smallish as well

If he is small and need to improve his skating, the pros wont be easy for him. Even though the game is different now

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Suzuki is smallish as well

If he is small and need to improve his skating, the pros wont be easy for him. Even though the game is different now
Hes 5'11 at 183. That's not bad imo. Needs to put on more muscle for sure, but he isnt crazy small right now.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Look guys , Kotkaniemi is looking good but nothing proven in the regular season yet. Poehling is a prospect.

As of this moment we have no top 6Cs. You keep everybody you can in the mix , and so if Suzuki can play C you want the junior team to play him at C.

I will worry about having too many top 6 CS, including a 1C, when we actually have an abundance.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
It’s much easier to transition from center to winger than vice versa. Giving him a full year a center in junior gives him a real shot to transition to center at the NHL level

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
5'11 isn't small, it's average size.
Crosby, kucherov, Panarin, Duchene, etc. are all 5'11.

Size might be suzuki's biggest issue, but it is a non-issue. Similarly, Kotkaniemi's biggest question mark is his skating, but it's not really an issue. We're just trying to find a weakness on players that don't really have one.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like Duchene but he's UFA at end of this season. I don't see us making a compelling argument to get any top UFA within a year.
We could draft a Byram/Broberg in this years draft and they are NHL ready right away. Even if they aren't, I think they could be in another year. So you could have:

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Domi-Duchene-Suzuki

Byram/Broberg-Weber
Mete-Juulsen

Duchene would be nice since he would be a great vet, and I think he would be willing to sign here. Only issue I have with this lineup is Weber, and who knows how good he will be. However, that's where we really have to draft well and get a steal. Don't forget that we also have Tatar and Petry to trade for assets.

Contrary to what many here think, I think we can be back in the playoff race as early as next year if we get another top end pick.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We could draft a Byram/Broberg in this years draft and they are NHL ready right away. Even if they aren't, I think they could be in another year. So you could have:

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Domi-Duchene-Suzuki

Byram/Broberg-Weber
Mete-Juulsen

Duchene would be nice since he would be a great vet, and I think he would be willing to sign here. Only issue I have with this lineup is Weber, and who knows how good he will be. However, that's where we really have to draft well and get a steal. Don't forget that we also have Tatar and Petry to trade for assets.

Contrary to what many here think, I think we can be back in the playoff race as early as next year if we get another top end pick.

While I agree Duchene would be good and that we have enough pieces on paper to compete for playoff spot again soon if we get another piece or two I still don't think Duchene will come here.

Duchene requested a trade out of Colorado because he wanted to play playoff hockey.

He ends up in Ottawa which is in the basement now and traded it's star. He was even upset Smith was put on waivers.

He's went on record saying he understands tavares' motivations.

Now...he'll sign with the habs? Please...

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Poehling is likely a 3C, doesn’t have the skill to be a real 2C IMO. Suzuki has more natural skill but he might end up being a RW.

We need to keep drafting centers, we are far from being ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->