Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I find his production a bit disappointing to be honest. There has been no substantial statistical progress since his draft year and he's not even the first scorer on his team this season.

Reactions: Fixxer

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I find his production a bit disappointing to be honest. There has been no substantial statistical progress since his draft year and he's not even the first scorer on his team this season.
I mean hes been scoring 100 point pace For 3 seasons now. Besides Hancock, there is nobody else on that team. I dont really care about his points, I just want him to be more engaged in the play and work on his weakness. Hes already proven that he can be one of the top scorers in the league a few times now.

Le compétiteur

You remember McDonagh? He was traded because there was no substantial progress since his draft year...

Suzuki is too good for CHL, not NHL ready and too young for AHL, he's stuck in junior for now where it's harder to show progression when he's already dominating.

Let's wait that he play few pro games before evaluating his progression or lack of.

Reactions: Saundies and Fixxer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

we'll see how the season ends up, I like what i've seen from him in the 4 or so games I watched this year. He looks quicker and a better skater then when I last saw him 2 years ago.

Suzuki is the perfect example of why there should be an opt-out clause for exceptional players built into the CHL-NHL agreement.

I agree, but I think teams needs to put pressure on the CHL clubs by looking into loaning players to the Euro leagues. A player like Suzuki would greatly benefit from playing on the large ice to continue to improve his skating and speed while playing against men. As I sure CHL clubs will do everything in their power not to lose their best players/biggest ticket sellers. Look at Owen Sound, if they lost Suzuki to the Euro leagues that likely has a major impact on ticket sales as that team would not be very fun to watch.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He just needs a bigger challenge. Must be boring. WJC will be fun. Do you think he plays on a line with his lil brother?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wherever he plays, hopefully his stock falls so we can see the successor to the Richard brothers in our lineup.

i agree that he would be a very nice player to draft! still have a bunch of player i'd rather have tho! he's in my top 10.

at least we would be sure to have the best of the brothers! haha

Reactions: 26Mats

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He's been amazing though. Maybe his production hasn't sky rocketed but his advanced stats are pretty much all top in the league.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Wherever he plays, hopefully his stock falls so we can see the successor to the Richard brothers in our lineup.
His scoring has slowed down quite a bit. I think the Habs will have the opportunity to pick him this year

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
we'll see how the season ends up, I like what i've seen from him in the 4 or so games I watched this year. He looks quicker and a better skater then when I last saw him 2 years ago.

I agree, but I think teams needs to put pressure on the CHL clubs by looking into loaning players to the Euro leagues. A player like Suzuki would greatly benefit from playing on the large ice to continue to improve his skating and speed while playing against men. As I sure CHL clubs will do everything in their power not to lose their best players/biggest ticket sellers. Look at Owen Sound, if they lost Suzuki to the Euro leagues that likely has a major impact on ticket sales as that team would not be very fun to watch.

What if the Habs pay a financial compensation to Owen Sound so Suzuki can play in a league that would help his development more then the Junior.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

I agree - the owners would never go for it and, from their perspective, rightfully so. They're fronting the cash and taking all the risk, especially with a small market team like OS. So they need to milk the cash cows once they find them.

And, to be honest, parent clubs probably don't want to push this either. If a guy is close to pro-ready in his D+1, you just send him back to jr and (hopefully) get a more productive cost-controlled player a year later.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I thought that's why we were keeping Jordie Benn around, hoping Jamie pulls a Scott Niedermayer and wants to win a cup with his mediocre brother :sarcasm:

I'd say Nick is bored in the OHL, same thing happened to Tavares when he was overcooked

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What if the Habs pay a financial compensation to Owen Sound so Suzuki can play in a league that would help his development more then the Junior.

he's under contract with the Habs so they can do whatever they want aside from sending him to the AHL. But once you send him back to the CHL then you can only recall him to the NHL on an emergency basis until his CHL season is over.

I agree - the owners would never go for it and, from their perspective, rightfully so. They're fronting the cash and taking all the risk, especially with a small market team like OS. So they need to milk the cash cows once they find them.

And, to be honest, parent clubs probably don't want to push this either. If a guy is close to pro-ready in his D+1, you just send him back to jr and (hopefully) get a more productive cost-controlled player a year later.

there are so few players in Susuki's position that I doubt anything comes of it, but you would think as teams get more progressive in their thinking that they may look at these rare situations and say maybe we should think about doing something better for the prospect. A player like Susuki imo would have been perfect since he could use more work on his speed/skating and the bigger ice would have been great for him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

He's on a much weaker team this year, and there's a limit to how many points you can realistically put up in a year. Do you want him putting up 3 points a game?

If he gets 100 points or 120 this year it's not really changing much

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i agree that he would be a very nice player to draft! still have a bunch of player i'd rather have tho! he's in my top 10.

at least we would be sure to have the best of the brothers! haha

If we're able to avoid the injury bug better than most teams we're probably not picking in the top 15. Yep, we're making the playoffs.

Jul 6, 2016
Mic drop.

LOL !

I misjudged the trade the day of the trade and possibly the next few days. But Tatar and Suzuki proved me wrong. And I kept posting positive posts about them since then. I don't need someone to go back in my posts lists and selecting the ones that are suiting his agenda only.

I don't need other posters to tell me what to think and not to think.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chr1s97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad