Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ok but Sergachev is looking like Beaulieu with a bit more offense. Yes he’s only 20 but if he ****s the bed next season too.. hopefully for Tampa he becomes much better but right now we are winning this trade. And I wouldn’t undo it even if they added a nice piece.

The summer after we got bounced from the Rangers it was clear we needed to get Radulov some help on offense - we needed another play maker/play driver to go with our 3 shooters (Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and hand-injury-plagued Gallagher). I was fine with using our best trade chip to get Drouin. Glad he seems to have turned a corner, as I'm sure we could have gotten another good offensive player if we didn't turn to Drouin.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He's doing about as well as Drouin was doing in Montreal last year.
Drouin was in a much tougher position though to be honest. Basically expected to be a #1 centre and lead this whole bunch offensively, while learning a new position. Sergachev was never put in that kind of situation where he was thrown into the fire like that and leaned on so much.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Drouin was in a much tougher position though to be honest. Basically expected to be a #1 centre and lead this whole bunch offensively, while learning a new position. Sergachev was never put in that kind of situation where he was thrown into the fire like that and leaned on so much.

So much this. And glad that ridiculous experiment is over with

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I could understand a little why they tried, since they were so desperate for centres. But ya that experiment was bad for everybody...player and team.

The worst part is, it was tried in Tampa and it ended badly, and everyone from their board would tell us the same.

Maybe bergy thought why not try it and if it fails move him to wing and everything will be fine again but I fell like that is assigning bergy way too much forthought....

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Odd, I never put him in that skating level as a Scott Niedermayer etc when he played, you think he was 'elite'? Not saying you were wrong, just never thought of him as a super fluid skater compared to others in his day.
I understand what you mean, Niedermayer was effortlessly elite IMO, and although Kariya wasn't maybe as fluid, in terms of results (speed, acceleration, edge work), he looked quite elite to me.

Reactions: Habs

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Odd, I never put him in that skating level as a Scott Niedermayer etc when he played, you think he was 'elite'? Not saying you were wrong, just never thought of him as a super fluid skater compared to others in his day.
Kariya was one of the greatest skaters ever to play.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Kariya was one of the greatest skaters ever to play.

I gotta go back and watch him again. I remember him for his release and speed, guess I forgot about the skating. I don't consider Suzuki to be elite, do you? It doesn't stand out to me. Maybe I was drawn away from his skating with the old ugly Duck sweaters and colors.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Y
I gotta go back and watch him again. I remember him for his release and speed, guess I forgot about the skating. I don't consider Suzuki to be elite, do you? It doesn't stand out to me. Maybe I was drawn away from his skating with the old ugly Duck sweaters and colors.

Yeah, he was a fast skater. But think you mentioned neidermayer before. Both are good skaters, its just that neidermayer looked effortless.... like he wasn't even trying but he was in full flight. Coffey was the same way.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Y

Yeah, he was a fast skater. But think you mentioned neidermayer before. Both are good skaters, its just that neidermayer looked effortless.... like he wasn't even trying but he was in full flight. Coffey was the same way.

Agreed. Rob Niedermayer must have been pissed he didn't get much of his brothers attributes.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Sergachev is playing some rough minutes and a lot of them. Check out his assist videos. He’s doing very well.

He averages 17:50 a game, I wouldnt call it a lot. Even with Stralman's absence, he rarely plays more than 20mins. He is being sheltered a bit, which is the right thing to do with a young offensive minded defenseman.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The summer after we got bounced from the Rangers it was clear we needed to get Radulov some help on offense - we needed another play maker/play driver to go with our 3 shooters (Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and hand-injury-plagued Gallagher). I was fine with using our best trade chip to get Drouin. Glad he seems to have turned a corner, as I'm sure we could have gotten another good offensive player if we didn't turn to Drouin.

They key being get Radulov some help. It was dumb to get Drouin and let both Radulov & Markov walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->