Nick Spaling Appreciation Thread

HOLDITHERE*

This kid can PLAY some hockey!

6 goals, 11 assists so far, EASILY on the road to shattering his career high.

To think, Nashville could've held on to this beast. Dolts.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
After seeing some other long term preds really step up their game under Laviolette I really wonder how well spaling would have fit in. His speedy forcheking style is would have worked magically had we kept him. He's certainly a good player though and I'm happy to see he's succeeding in pitt.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
As a Pens fan... why is the main board turning into the Pens board?

A thread about Sutter and Spaling? What's going on?

penguins2946*

Spaling is a good defensive 3rd line winger, that's about it. His production is as high as it is because he spent a lot of this year on Crosby's wing. He's nothing special. He's on our 4th line when healthy.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
Props to him. He has been pretty good. Better than I expected him to be. Was never really a fan of him when he was in Nashville, nor was I entirely familiar with him and his skill set.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Neal 25 points in 35 games

Hornqvist 29 points in 33 games
Spaling 18 points in 42 games

Also, getting tired of Caps fans starting threads pumping up the Penguins team and players.

penguins2946*

I knew when the deal happened, most people wouldnt understand how valuable and good at hockey he is

And people still don't, a ton of Pens fans really don't like Spaling. They don't notice his excellent defensive game because they're too pissed about him not scoring while being forced onto the top line with Crosby. People act like he couldn't be a 3C in Pittsburgh, which I can't disagree with any more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He gets hated on a lot by our own fans, the guy is average in all facets of the game, but that's not a bad thing, he's reliable. You get the same guy every game, nothing less. He's very underrated as a player, he does a lot of small things well and it goes unnoticed because he's not a punishing winger that all of us wish the team had for the bottom 6.

I'm happy with Spaling on the team. Solid bottom 6 player that doesn't look bad as a reliable cog on a line with 2 high powered offensive minded players either.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
And people still don't, a ton of Pens fans really don't like Spaling. They don't notice his excellent defensive game because they're too pissed about him not scoring while being forced onto the top line with Crosby. People act like he couldn't be a 3C in Pittsburgh, which I can't disagree with any more.

I just dont get that. I understand being a little spoiled scoring due to the FIREPOWER the pens have generally had since the 90's. But not every player is that. Spaling brings so much to the table and chips in enough offensively. People need to open their ****ing eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad