Nick Sorensen/Filip Forsberg

STHLM*

Nick Sorensen(2013) play for Rogle in J20 super elite league. He's a late born 94 and he's eligible to the 2013 years NHL entry draft. He's now second in the scoring race with 9 points in 5 games. He's first in goals with 6 goals in 5 games. He's 3rd in the +/- ratings with +5. he is in the top in everything stats so far against guys who are 2 years older than him. He's also 2 years from his draft year. For me he look like as a contender for the top pick 2013. Is there anyone who has seen him play? If so what's his strong parts of the game and what's his weaknesses?

Filip Forsberg(2012) also play well right now in J20 super elite. He has 7 points in 6 games. 5 of then are goals. He's tied second for goals and he's 3rd for points. Can anyone say anyhing about hos he play? Also do this against players who are 2 years older than him.

It look like Sweden have some really good forward prospects in the drafts for 2012 and 2013. Don't forget guys like Collberg(2012), Crus-Rydberg(2013) and Wallmark(2013). What's your opinion?

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Collberg and Forsberg both look like solid first rounders at this point, but they're "only" one year away from their draft year. It's hard to tell with those other guys, but VCR and Sorensen are some very intruiging players. It's going to be very exciting to follow their progress in the upcoming few seasons before their draft.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Too bad Nick Sørensen decided to play for Sweden and not Denmark :(

I understand you feel that way but from a development perspective I think it's better for him since he can participate at the national team/development camps and such.

Last edited:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Too bad Nick Sørensen decided to play for Sweden and not Denmark :(

Even though I'm Swedish I think it's kind of bad as well. Sweden has a ton of talent coming up and they don't need a player like Sorensen as much as Denmark do. And I think it's good for hockey to spread the wealth a little bit and expand the hockey market.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Uhm yeah, except he'd be surrounded by a thousand times more talent and a superior youth devlopment system.

Be careful not to underrate the Danish youth development. Herning(Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin, Nicklas Jensen) and Rødovre(Mikkel Bødker, Lars Eller) are actually some of the better teams at developing talents, and is just as good as most of the Swedish clubs.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Be careful not to underrate the Danish youth development. Herning(Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin, Nicklas Jensen) and Rødovre(Mikkel Bødker, Lars Eller) are actually some of the better teams at developing talents, and is just as good as most of the Swedish clubs.

A bit harsh on my part perhaps. I do not underrate the danish youth development.

That said, I still think it's better for his own personal development to play national level hockey with an "A" nation team.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Filip Forsberg is just so fun to watch. He is a really creative player that isn't really depending on teammates to make stuff happen. He will have a good chance to break the record for most points from a u17 player in Superelit this season.

On a sidenote, why isn't Collberg playing right now? Is he injured?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Filip Forsberg is just so fun to watch. He is a really creative player that isn't really depending on teammates to make stuff happen. He will have a good chance to break the record for most points from a u17 player in Superelit this season.

Separated shoulder playing with the national team between Christmas and New Year's. First, it looked like the season was over, but it wasn't the case and he's on his way back now.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg

Out for eight weeks with a separated shoulder after the U17 tour in NA. Luckily he didn't need surgery, otherwise his season would've been over.

Why on earth they decide to take the U17 team to NA during the WJC is beyond me, there were quite a few kids there who probably would've gotten a chance to play in the SEL during those weeks. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad