Confirmed with Link: Nick Shore traded to Calgary

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Dorion scale for 3 ways

Its the soothing jazz that allows him to focus on the 3 way trades.

Yeah, I hear you. I just don't see why we rushed to move him. Could we not be sure to get that same 2019 7th round pick in the offseason? He was RFA and had a low qualifying offer.

In the end though, a 4th (or 2 7th round picks) would have been nicer, but in the same way getting $2005 on my trade in buying a new car would be nicer than getting $1900, the extra $105 will fill my tank of gas a couple times, but I'm not torn up over the difference.

I think the big issue is that we're in a situation of death by 1000 paper cuts. Throwing in a pick to pay a bonus, another to take Hammond, getting a soft return on a roster player, waiving another guy instead of getting an asset at all, overpaying for a deadline 4th liner and waiving hi . It adds up to potentially a lot of assets.

Only $1900? If you had held out i know you could have got $2500. Bad negotiating skills :)

I figured we could've got a 3rd rounder but in the end we only got a 7th rounder. So the logical conclusion must be that he is not a good negotiator. Is there any other possible conclusion? I cant think of one.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Only $1900? If you had held out i know you could have got $2500. Bad negotiating skills :)
To be fair, I actually got 2500 on my recent trade in, and I probably came out like a bandit considering there was over a grand worth or repair work to be done on the bumper. The dealer won't be making much on that trade-in...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->