Nick Shore - A more effective 4C Option than Lehtera

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
I think Hextall will give him or someone similar a tryout. If he outperforms Vorobyev and others in the camp, he'll get a contract.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I think Hextall will give him or someone similar a tryout. If he outperforms Vorobyev and others in the camp, he'll get a contract.

You think he’d be competing with the prospects and not Lehtera? Signing Shore for $1 million and sending Lehtera to the AHL (saves the team $1 million). Then, a prospect could take on 3C duties. Or Shore gets 3C and prospect starts off as a 4C.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
No thanks to Shore , Lethera is only here for one more year and Kids can fill in and get some experience that could end up better than Shore and probably will so why bother .

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
No thanks to Shore , Lethera is only here for one more year and Kids can fill in and get some experience that could end up better than Shore and probably will so why bother .
Well if we sign him to a PTO and he makes the team, he likely signs a cheap contract for 1 season. Not a big deal

Reactions: Ted Brown

TB87

May 30, 2018

Shore would add more value to the lineup than Lehtera at 5v5, even-strength, and the penalty kill. Dude doesn’t have the wheels to compete in the NHL at an even adequate level.

A 1 year deal for $1 million should suffice for Shore. Sending Lehtera to the AHL would make Shore’s contract a freebie. Prospects, or Laughton, could compete for the 3C.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Well if we sign him to a PTO and he makes the team, he likely signs a cheap contract for 1 season. Not a big deal

Pretty sure 3C is earmarked for one of the prospects or Laughton too. This signing wouldn’t block any of the kids I don’t believe.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Shore would add more value to the lineup than Lehtera at 5v5, even-strength, and the penalty kill. Dude doesn’t have the wheels to compete in the NHL at an even adequate level.

A 1 year deal for $1 million should suffice for Shore. Sending Lehtera to the AHL would make Shore’s contract a freebie. Prospects, or Laughton, could compete for the 3C.
Lethera is not and i repeat not going to the AHL no matter how much people want . He could be healthy scratched once in a while but no way he get sent down

TB87

May 30, 2018
Lethera is not and i repeat not going to the AHL no matter how much people want . He could be healthy scratched once in a while but no way he get sent down

Okay. For me, it’s not a matter of want. It’s a matter of realistic talent evaluation. His true talent level is that of an AHL player.

Do you know something the rest of us don’t? Why is that option not even a possibility in your estimation?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not sure Lehtera is viewed as a center option. Hextall hasn't mentioned him as being one recently, and he played the vast majority of last season as a wing.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
You think he’d be competing with the prospects and not Lehtera? Signing Shore for $1 million and sending Lehtera to the AHL (saves the team $1 million). Then, a prospect could take on 3C duties. Or Shore gets 3C and prospect starts off as a 4C.

I hope to see proper competition for roster spots for everyone. At least in the bottom6 there shouldn't be any guarantees. But I'm doubtful that they would send Lehts to the AHL. The coach seems to love him for some reason.

TB87

May 30, 2018
I hope to see proper competition for roster spots for everyone. At least in the bottom6 there shouldn't be any guarantees. But I'm doubtful that they would send Lehts to the AHL. The coach seems to love him for some reason.

“Heavy body, veteran presence.”
- Dave Hakstol (probably)

Hextall can take the option of playing him away from Dave. Good GM’s rid their coach’s of their favorite toys...which for too many coach’s is their team’s worst players. Coach’s are weird man.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
“Heavy body, veteran presence.”
- Dave Hakstol (probably)

Hextall can take the option of playing him away from Dave. Good GM’s rid their coach’s of their favorite toys...which for too many coach’s is their team’s worst players. Coach’s are weird man.

Hextall tries to be a "modern" leader who communicates with his subordinates and so on. I doubt he would send a (veteran) player down if Hak would oppose it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Certainly wouldn't mind Shore here as a bottom liner, but I really don't think he'd be that much of an improvement over what we have in the system. If we're just talking about Lehtera then yeah every day of the week, but Shore might be a good placeholder.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Hextall tries to be a "modern" leader who communicates with his subordinates and so on. I doubt he would send a (veteran) player down if Hak would oppose it.

Took away the option of Vandevelde, Filppula, & Manning. They butted heads over Sanheim during the middle of the season (from what I’ve heard). Regardless of signing Shore or not, I think it’s realistic that Lehtera gets the Matt Read AHL treatment this year.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Okay. For me, it’s not a matter of want. It’s a matter of realistic talent evaluation. His true talent level is that of an AHL player.

Do you know something the rest of us don’t? Why is that option not even a possibility in your estimation?
By his usage last year and the fact he was better in playoffs. I'm not a fan he is to slow to me but coach used him in last mins and seems to trust him i think the only way we get rid of him is when Hextall does not resign him . This is just a feeling i have no insider info here at all .

TB87

May 30, 2018
By his usage last year and the fact he was better in playoffs. I'm not a fan he is to slow to me but coach used him in last mins and seems to trust him i think the only way we get rid of him is when Hextall does not resign him . This is just a feeling i have no insider info here at all .

Okie dokie. To be fair, being a smidge better than replacement-level in the playoffs (6 game sample size) isn’t much of an improvement. He’s just so abominably slow. It’s confusing to me how slow he is. I remember reading last summer that he worked with a speed skating instructor prior to the season. That anecdote still makes me burst out laughing.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
giphy.gif

torgogetluggage.gif

tumblr_nvs5fmPXGM1qm3rsfo1_400.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm confused by this! What is this madness!

Yes, of course. Allow me to summarize from the HFBoards Flyers Scriptures:

That weird character, who looks like a homeless sexual deviant farmer, you see in the above gifs is "Torgo." We gifted Jori Lehtera with the moniker, "Torgo" (or "Lehtorgo"), this season after the same character from the schlocky 60s horror film, Manos: The Hands of Fate, which was given a wider audience in a classic episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. One could say the movie's place among critics is akin to Lehtera's place among NHL players in xGF%. Torgo is a satyr-like creep who, as he is fond of saying, "takes care of the place while The Master is away." Our Lehtorgo has been known to "take care of the PK and 4C while the Laughton is away." It came about when one intelligent poster noted that Jori's skating form was similar to Torgo's gimpy shuffle.

At this point I cannot tell you anymore, Ted. I must show you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad