Prospect Info: Nick Seeler sends Connor Brickley to Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dang, I couldn't tell.. his helmet must have come off as he was falling to the ice? Assuming he was out cold since they were waving immediately for medical. Glad he's okay. Didn't look like anything egregious in the fight. Hard to tell from the video, but the boarding looked pretty bad, because yeah, he came flying in for that hit.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I never wish anyone a trip to the hospital, but he definitely deserved to get his face punched a bit. Hope he recovers quickly, and learned his lesson about running vulnerable players from the blue line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brickley picked on Palmquist, too, who is a smaller, skilled player rather than a physical player.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:
I talked to Iowa coach Derek Lalonde about a variety of subjects, including Olofsson, Teemu Pulkkinen being named AHL Player of the Week with five goals and two assists in four games and Nick Seeler's K.O. of Connor Brickley the other night (see video below).

Scary moment as he was knocked out and had to be taken to a local hospital after being removed on a stretcher.

As you can see below, Brickley took a long, fast, illegal run at Zach Palmquist and Seeler was standing up for his defense partner.

"He was doing the right thing," Lalonde said of Seeler. "He was doing what he felt was right and instinctive, which we preach as a team all the time and I appreciate. Their guy took a run and put our D-man in a very vulnerable position. He stuck up for a teammate. It was one of those scary moments where he knocked [Brickley] out with the punch and his helmet came off and his head the ice. I think that's the last thing [Seeler] wanted to do. Nick came right to the coaches room immediately after the game and wanted to know how he was.

"Unfortunately the aftermath of it wasn’t good."

Lalonde says from what he understands from his trainer, Brickley is OK other than a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->