Nick Robertson, what do you think about this Kid ?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
9 minutes ice time, why even bother if you’re not going to give him a legit shot.
I agree with you and would try to add to your point if possible .
I’m really high lol on this kid , really think he can be like those 2 smaller players on the Flames ( Mongiapani ?? And JG .. I really do ..
Never the less I think he will be with the big boys soon enough and hopefully a while , I think he has all the tools in today’s NHL to do well or even more ... we will see .
So I want him to play , but agree with you on the ice time , but I also wouldn’t play him on the 4th ..
I’d rather play him on the 3rd or higher in situations possibly ? But if not , play him with the Marlies if you can .

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKnight

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
9 minutes ice time, why even bother if you’re not going to give him a legit shot.
I'm sure the 9 minutes/night in the show is a thrill for a Nick who has had a tough year with injury TBH. I personally am less concerned about Nick producing right away, as we really are not putting him in a spot to do so. I've been pleased with his compete level and drive. He's a player who put everything he had into preparing for the upcoming season, and likely would have made the team in a consistent role had he not got hurt. I think now that we have acquired more NHL quality forwards in Foligno and Nash and the inevitable return of Willy, these will be the only games Nick will get all year IMO. More of a reward for putting in the work pre-season I think, but I really don't think he will be anything more than a flex in-out the rest of the way. I know they will want him to be a part of the playoffs, but I suspect only as a black ace. Maybe gets in if there is an injury. Which is not the end of the world. The downside of having a deep roster. If you could even call it a downside. Nick has a bright future, just likely won't kickstart this year

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I don't think his icetime is a concern. These games are likely just a reward for his hard work and to give them a taste of what he can do.[/QUOTE
NEEDS a pass first centre not effective playing with a couple of pluggers

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Looked solid tonight IMO. Great rush at the end of the 3rd. I'm sure he'll be sent down soon enough but promising for next season.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He looks good.

Has a great motor and good skillset.

As he grows older and gets stronger, it'll become easier getting to the spots he needs to. Right now, he gets pushed away from those spots making it harder to get shots off.

Todd03

May 28, 2016
Robertson has not earned top 6 minutes. Has done nothing with the team as
of yet. Should still be in the ahl if not the ohl when it starts next year maybe

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He’s playing where i though he should in the top 6. Wouldn’t be surprised if he scores this game but if it’s just a one off don’t even bother teasing us with it. Minimum 3 or 4 games to find chemistry would be applicable I’m thinking.

We know what he is already in that he plays hard,back pressures the puck and is Not a defensive liability. What we don’t know is what he looks like playing with top talent that can set him up for his shot and find him in dangerous areas where he can score. If he’s dangerous Keefe might want to tweek his powerplay and add him.

It’s a start in adding to his responsibility so i like it.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
He’s playing where i though he should in the top 6. Wouldn’t be surprised if he scores this game but if it’s just a one off don’t even bother teasing us with it. Minimum 3 or 4 games to find chemistry would be applicable I’m thinking.

We know what he is already in that he plays hard,back pressures the puck and is Not a defensive liability. What we don’t know is what he looks like playing with top talent that can set him up for his shot and find him in dangerous areas where he can score. If he’s dangerous Keefe might want to tweek his powerplay and add him.

It’s a start in adding to his responsibility so i like it.
Totally agree !

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad