Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson Possibly Exposed to Covid-19 || UPD: Cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I see the usual deniers have hijacked the thread. Take your BS elsewhere please.
Clearing up blatant misinformation is important. I'm surprised anyone would be against people knowing the facts unless it is/was someone's job to suppress facts.

That is the only possible reason for anyone to object to clarification.

Last edited:

Mr Lahey

Oct 25, 2008
now you have to be qualified to question science LOL? wtf is wrong with some people on here. What exactly qualifies someone from questioning whether something is right for them to put into their body

Technically no. You can question anything you want under whatever level of qualification. What I really mean to say is you can’t properly question something without a certain level of expertise. I am doubting this poster has that level of scientific expertise. I personally don’t, which is why I go by what the majority of experts are saying. Same goes for the surrounding legality, it’s why I posted a quote from a partner at an employment law firm... rather than believing that other dude.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Technically no. You can question anything you want under whatever level of qualification. What I really mean to say is you can’t properly question something without a certain level of expertise. I am doubting this poster has that level of scientific expertise. I personally don’t, which is why I go by what the majority of experts are saying. Same goes for the surrounding legality, it’s why I posted a quote from a partner at an employment law firm... rather than believing that other dude.
"The majority of experts" once all agreed the world was flat and anyone who claimed otherwise was a "conspiracy theorist/denier". That term is used to shut people up who ask questions.
I'm sure many of your University professors approach subjects exactly like that these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Auston 316

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Just to be clear, I think it will be mandatory for some employers and jobs and that the legislation currently doesn't prevent it. There's nothing that stops it and people have been punished in the past before when they didn't follow a public health guideline. There were nurses a while back who were punished for not being vaccinated and if I recall the ruling went against them. This will 100% end up before the courts, but nothing currently says someone has the right to work without any accommodation if they refuse a vaccine.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Would it violate the CBA if the Leafs provided safe, private housing for their players?
As I understand it, MLSE already does that for all its teams through the condos it operates. There is probably some sort of CBA workaround if that's even an issue.

"The majority of experts" once all agreed the world was flat and anyone who claimed otherwise was a "conspiracy theorist". That term is used to shut people up who ask questions.
I'm sure many of your University professors approach subjects exactly like that these days.
At that time, ALL the experts were affiliated with the church, and you were burned at the stake or thrown in a lake if you continued to defy authourity.

Can't remember the last time a university professor threw a lit torch at a tied-up student.

Reactions: Ciao

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
As I understand it, MLSE already does that for all its teams through the condos it operates. There is probably some sort of CBA workaround if that's even an issue.

At that time, ALL the experts were affiliated with the church, and you were burned at the stake or thrown in a lake if you continued to defy authourity.

Can't remember the last time a university professor threw a lit torch at a tied-up student.
What?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Personally, I think its just as nutty having people pressure others into taking shots into their body that there is clearly risks associated with it. Who is the self centered one here?
It's not that black and white.

I'm less interested in the employment aspect than the general issue of vaccine resistance.

Getting vaccinated isn't something you do just for yourself. You do it to help break the chain of transmission, not knowing whether the vaccine will be effective for you personally and knowing that there are medical risks to this treatment.

Getting vaccinated is not at all an assurance of immunity from COVID. Under ideal conditions, at least 5% of vaccine recipients are not immune, and any one person has no way of knowing whether they are immune or not unless they later get COVID. However, if enough people get vaccinated we will achieve herd immunity, and this is something you mainly do for the greater good.

Many people take risks and make sacrifices in urgent circumstances for the greater good. Of my mother's four brothers, two went to war in Europe and on the North Atlantic, making very great sacrifices and taking significant personal risks, all for the greater good. One was too young to fight, and the eldest stayed home in the farm, taking some derision for not contributing as was common for young, single able-bodied men of the day.

I don't find it at all surprising that persons without serious medical conditions should feel themselves under some moral season to obtain the vaccine, and personally I don't find that at all inappropriate.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
"The majority of experts" once all agreed the world was flat and anyone who claimed otherwise was a "conspiracy theorist/denier". That term is used to shut people up who ask questions.
You're making that up, as the terms you've used would have been unknown in that day.

I very much doubt that the shape of the Earth would have been a matter of controversy until scientific hypotheses suggesting a round planet were developed, and at that time the scientists might well have been called heretics -- but here I am just surmising that.

In any event, the analogy you draw is a false equivalence.

If you want a more persuasive argument, you should go back to the drawing board.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena

Lindsay Shepard at Wilfred Laurier (OK, I know it's not a REAL university)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->