Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson Possibly Exposed to Covid-19 || UPD: Cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Depending on your contract yes they are. Not sure what part of this hard to grasp. You're not entitled to a job, that's why companies can drug test you but the government can't.
So as a business owner, I can then force my employees into any behaviour I want - IF they want to work for me...correct?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Personally, I think its just as nutty having people pressure others into taking shots into their body that there is clearly risks associated with it. Who is the self centered one here?

Right, the league can have a stance of saying it’s strongly encouraged that their players take the vaccine and they support the use of Covid-19 vaccines. But I highly doubt they will outright say No Vaccine = No Playing or add it to the CBA, there is no way I can see the NHLPA agreeing to that even if it’s only 1% of the players that don’t want to take it.

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Lmao idk why you’re getting personal, I myself am vaccinated. I believe in vaccinations, but I also do believe life will go on as normal especially in the sports world in September
Didn't mean it to be personal, it was intended to be a "general" comment to any who make the choice to not get vaccinated.

Reactions: francis246

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Right, the league can have a stance of saying it’s strongly encouraged that their players take the vaccine and they support the use of Covid-19 vaccines. But I highly doubt they will outright say No Vaccine = No Playing or add it to the CBA, there is no way I can see the NHLPA agreeing to that even if it’s only 1% of the players that don’t want to take it.
And the way it SHOULD be done.

Reactions: francis246

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Btw folks:
JUST IN - Pfizer CEO says people will likely need a third dose of a #COVID19vaccine within 12 months of getting "fully vaccinated."

There's more to this than meets the eye. Proceed at your own discretion.

Lmao. A "dose" for every new variant! Fully vaccinated in 2 years could mean 15 doses and people will just keep lining up and think nothing of it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's an infringement of rights to force people, it's not an infringement to make it a condition of employment. An NHL career is not a right.
Yes it is....if it medically discriminates - which this does. Healthy people have a right to choose body autonomy. If a business mandates an EUA only vaccine, they are breaking laws, and can be fined or shut down completely.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Tell that to Marvin Hagler's family.
1. One or a handful of potential examples in hundreds of millions of vaccines is not "many people" getting adverse effects.
2. Your example is not even an example of one of those insanely rare instances. Marvin Hagler's own family has literally denounced the false, baseless rumours that were spread from literally nothing, and they have explicitly said that it wasn't the vaccine, and that such claims were "nonsense" and "stupid".
3. The only people spreading that baseless and quite frankly disgusting claim about him that disrespects his memory are anti-vaxxers, which explains a lot about this discussion.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
So as a business owner, I can then force my employees into any behaviour I want - IF they want to work for me...correct?

No, that would be a ludicrous statement to make. I don't know what point you're hoping to make here, employers can make vaccination a job requirement. When I travel as part of my job, it's mandatory to get the needed shots. If I couldn't do that part of my job, I wouldn't be employed.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No, that would be a ludicrous statement to make. I don't know what point you're hoping to make here, employers can make vaccination a job requirement. When I travel as part of my job, it's mandatory to get the needed shots. If I couldn't do that part of my job, I wouldn't be employed.

those vaccines are approved by the government already and are mandatory based on our yellow vaccination books. Covid isn’t included in that. Covid-19 vaccines aren’t even fully approved world wide.

but I wasn’t going to take my chances of not getting vaccinate, I was eligible since I teach in a hot spot. I do again believe people should take it, but I can respect others who choose not to

the NFL and NFLPA already said that they will not make the vaccine mandatory but individuals who don’t get the vaccine will have restricted access

Mr Lahey

Oct 25, 2008
Yes it is....if it medically discriminates - which this does. Healthy people have a right to choose body autonomy. If a business mandates an EUA only vaccine, they are breaking laws, and can be fined or shut down completely.

Here is a quote from an actual lawyer (Ryan Watkins, Partner @ Whitten & Lublin Employment Lawyers):

“The exception is where an employee has a credible human rights claim, says Watkins. An employee may object to taking the vaccine on religious grounds, or because they have an allergy or other medical condition. While the employer has the right to ask questions and verify the claim, a bona fide human-rights issue will trump the employer’s interest in protecting the health and safety of the workplace through mandatory vaccination, says Watkins.“

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
For the 1,000,000th time. Your employer CANNOT FORCE YOU TO TAKE UNAPPROVED medicines (of which the vaccines are in that category). You are being forced to take those shots because the various GOVERNMENTS require them, not your company.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Of course they do, but they don't have a right to a job. Some employers will make interacting the public, particularly with something high risk like nursing mandatory. You can say it's not possible, but the issue is a lot more murky then that. Some employers will use that murkiness to push ahead, it will eventually go to the courts but until then nothing actually stops them.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Of course they do, but they don't have a right to a job. Some employers will make interacting the public, particularly with something high risk like nursing mandatory. You can say it's not possible, but the issue is a lot more murky then that. Some employers will use that murkiness to push ahead, it will eventually go to the courts but until then nothing actually stops them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5836153

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No, store policy does not trump the letter of the law. It's that simple. If they try to deny entry based on vaccination status, that is medical discrimination and are breaking the law and can be shut down.

Neither governments nor businesses can mandate an EUA vaccine. The Nuremberg Code is in place to prevent overreach by rogue governments.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Here is a quote from an actual lawyer (Ryan Watkins, Partner @ Whitten & Lublin Employment Lawyers):

“The exception is where an employee has a credible human rights claim, says Watkins. An employee may object to taking the vaccine on religious grounds, or because they have an allergy or other medical condition. While the employer has the right to ask questions and verify the claim, a bona fide human-rights issue will trump the employer’s interest in protecting the health and safety of the workplace through mandatory vaccination, says Watkins.“
This relates to approved vaccines.

EUA vaccines cannot be mandated under any circumstances.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He's only guaranteed to make 70k this year. My guess is like a lot of younger Marlies he shares a condo off the Gardner with a teammate.
Would it violate the CBA if the Leafs provided safe, private housing for their players?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You’re not qualified to question the science. That’s the difference.

now you have to be qualified to question science LOL? wtf is wrong with some people on here. What exactly qualifies someone from questioning whether something is right for them to put into their body

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
now you have to be qualified to question science LOL? wtf is wrong with some people on here. What exactly qualifies someone from questioning whether something is right for them to put into their body
It's become a very sick, sick society where some people feel they can impose their will on others because Twitter, Facebook, CNN and CBC back them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad