Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson Possibly Exposed to Covid-19 || UPD: Cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
EDIT: also it’s an infringement of rights to force people to take the vaccine. They would face a nice large lawsuit if they made that rule, it will be heavily encourage but there will be no rule that states you can’t play if you don’t get the vaccine.

It's an individual's choice and that's fine. But don't be bitching if there are some consequences / restrictions that go along with that choice.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
no it won’t because like all other pandemics the world will move on from it and it sounds like the world is choosing to do that come September 2021. You can’t live in fear of the virus forever, at some point we have to move on and live with it. Hopefully we develop better treatment methods and can get more people vaccinated, especially here in Canada. But life will go on.

EDIT: also it’s an infringement of rights to force people to take the vaccine. They would face a nice large lawsuit if they made that rule, it will be heavily encourage but there will be no rule that states you can’t play if you don’t get the vaccine.

It's an infringement of rights to force people, it's not an infringement to make it a condition of employment. An NHL career is not a right.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It's an individual's choice and that's fine. But don't be bitching if there are some consequences / restrictions that go along with that choice.

Lmao idk why you’re getting personal, I myself am vaccinated. I believe in vaccinations, but I also do believe life will go on as normal especially in the sports world in September

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
What makes you say that? The NHL is a business and they can decide what's needed to play in their league. They're not going to let a player derail a season because they are an anti vax nut.
Fairly certain your employer can't force you to take unregulated medicines. just sayin'. As much as you seem to think it's OK to do that to people...

Last edited:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Lmao idk why you’re getting personal, I myself am vaccinated. I believe in vaccinations, but I also do believe life will go on as normal especially in the sports world in September

Your opinion only, based on nothing.

I fully support folks who waive the vaccine to also waive any access to medical care when they get COVID. They made a stupid decision on their own, ignoring medical advice.

Why should they seek it after infection, and further overburden our hospitals and health care workers welfare?

Make your bed by ignoring reality, then one should die in that same bed, alone.

Rant over...

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014

I fully support folks who waive the vaccine to also waive any access to medical care when they get COVID. They made a stupid decision on their own, ignoring medical advice.

Why should they seek it after infection, and further overburden our hospitals and health care workers welfare?

Rant over...
Now try that with AIDS.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Fairly certain your employer can't force you to take unregulated medicines. just sayin'. As much as seem to think it's OK to do that to people...

Umm yeah they can. When I travel for work, the shots I have to get aren't if I feel like it. If I don't get those shots, I don't get to travel. Companies can also force people to take drug tests if it's in the contract. If the NHLPA and NHL decide to make it mandatory, the players don't have a choice. In fact a lot of companies may make it a requirement, just because other people may refuse to work with people who aren't vaccinated.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Umm yeah they can. When I travel for work, the shots I have to get aren't if I feel like it. If I don't get those shots, I don't get to travel. Companies can also force people to take drug tests if it's in the contract. If the NHLPA and NHL decide to make it mandatory, the players don't have a choice. In fact a lot of companies may make it a requirement, just because other people may refuse to work with people who aren't vaccinated.
You seem to ignore the fact that these drugs are EXPERIMENTAL. An employer cannot force you to take unregulated medicines against your will, sorry. What if a player has an adverse reaction to the vax (as many people are) - the player could sue them into oblivion.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You seem to ignore the fact that these drugs are EXPERIMENTAL. An employer cannot force you to take unregulated medicines against your will, sorry. What if a player has an adverse reaction to the vax (as many people are) - the player could sue them into oblivion.

They can't force you, they can make it a condition of employment however. I'm sure there will be legal challenges on the matter, but you're not entitled to a job. Some jobs will require vaccination.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Rant over...
Way to harsh. Not the way it works.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If a workplace insists a employee must take the vaccine. The employee has the right to ask them sign off on the responsibility if something goes wrong with a lawyers letter. Just saying. There is different risks for people and employers have no business in the health business of workers. They only need a doctors not saying off work or returning to work. Anything more is not their business. It is enough for a employee to say no I’m not taking it because i believe i am at risk. You don’t even have to say what you are at risk of. The answer is always health related and always none of their business. Clear as mud for you’s

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Rant over...

I agree with that. I live in the GTA and I am Covid Vaccinated. I made that decision and I’m happy with it. But people should have the decision to decide for themselves

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It doesn't even stop the spread of the disease. Why are you so eager to force people into taking them? It's weird.

I didn't say I was eager to force people, I just said the NHL and other companies could make it mandatory and they most likely will. Although I am fully supportive of a company making it mandatory for those in a customer facing role and will be more likely shop with those who do.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Btw folks:
JUST IN - Pfizer CEO says people will likely need a third dose of a #COVID19vaccine within 12 months of getting "fully vaccinated."

There's more to this than meets the eye. Proceed at your own discretion.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
I didn't say I was eager to force people, I just said the NHL and other companies could make it mandatory and they most likely will. Although I am fully supportive of a company making it mandatory for those in a customer facing role and will be more likely shop with those who do.
So if my employer requires I take an experimental Ugandan vaccine against Ebola virus because they are worried about me passing it on to everyone or something that will make my hair purple because that's their corporate colour, they are totally and legally within their rights if I want to work for them?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
What makes you say that? The NHL is a business and they can decide what's needed to play in their league. They're not going to let a player derail a season because they are an anti vax nut.

Personally, I think its just as nutty having people pressure others into taking shots into their body that there is clearly risks associated with it. Who is the self centered one here?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
So if my employer requires I take an experimental Ugandan vaccine against Ebola virus because they are worried about me passing it on to everyone or something that will make my hair purple because that's their corporate colour, they are totally and legally within their rights if I want to work for them?

Depending on your contract yes they are. Not sure what part of this hard to grasp. You're not entitled to a job, that's why companies can drug test you but the government can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad