Injury Report: Nick Robertson “will miss some time” || UPD: Out 4 weeks

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Too bad he got hurt. Really love what I've seen from him though. Having him on the 4th line will add a bunch of offensive pop to the bottom 6.

Hope for a speedy recovery!

Reactions: saffronleaf

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Quit unfortunate . Not only because of the intrinsic value he brings to the team with energy, speed and commitment, but also the "player waiting in the wings" who pushes others to play well or lose their spot.

I hope they can determine another player to cycle in the rotation until he returns. This internal competition is necessary
Yes, I think he may be the best forward on the taxi squad that we could inject into the lineup. We lose some valuable depth. There's cap implications potentially as well if he goes on LTIR. Unfortunate.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
This is the last I read about the injury, any new updates?

l8sSRnj.png

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Hoping it’s 4-6 worst case and it doesn’t impact his mobility too much. I love this kid, such a spark plug and that shot is killer

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Seems a bit unethical for this doctor to have a twitter account dedicated to diagnosing athletes he hasn't evaluated personally.

He got the publicity he wanted. He gave out few scenarios, if luckily one of them is a hit, the doctor is a hit. When Infact anyone watched sports enough could take those guesses

I play a doctor online. I think he overextended it or acl. I am currently recovering from an acl injury myself. So I can give you expert yet false advice

Reactions: meng666

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That was a clean hockey play that happens in every hockey game, if you think Stuzzle will go his entire career without getting hit idk what to tell you. I didn't say injure Stuzzle, I said hit him the same way they hit Robertson.

Relax little guy

You want other teams to stop injuring your star young players? Just repay the favour to whatever star players they have. Teams will stop knowing that puts a target on their own best players.
You can think it but not say it ha. I think it all the time. When Watson got Matthews i was like YFP you’ll get yours. We aren’t people we are animals. Don’t back a animal in to a corner ha

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
He was looking like an energizer bunny. Just what we needed. Hope he has a faster recovery. You know he is a beast in the gym and can come back early.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You can think it but not say it ha. I think it all the time. When Watson got Matthews i was like YFP you’ll get yours. We aren’t people we are animals. Don’t back a animal in to a corner ha
Odd that teams like the Caps (Wilson), Bruins (Marchand, Chara), etc have won cups by doing this exact thing. What message does it send to other teams when they know they can take runs at your star players and no player on the Leafs will do anything about it?

This is how you end up with a series against the Bruins where every Leaf star player is getting run over and the resulting HF Leafs game thread is littered with people complaining for a call that NEVER COMES.

Then rinse and repeat the next year

The year after

You get the point.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Odd that teams like the Caps (Wilson), Bruins (Marchand, Chara), etc have won cups by doing this exact thing. What message does it send to other teams when they know they can take runs at your star players and no player on the Leafs will do anything about it?

This is how you end up with a series against the Bruins where every Leaf star player is getting run over and the resulting HF Leafs game thread is littered with people complaining for a call that NEVER COMES.

Then rinse and repeat the next year

The year after

You get the point.

Robertson isn't a star and that hit was 100% clean and I'd be angry if a player on my team didn't make it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well hoping for a speedy recovery for Robertson.

One observation I thought was funny about Robertson is how the Overdrive guys described him like a Yakupov buzzing around. His forecheck is so relentless it’s almost like he has to dial it back to be more effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->