Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
What’s the story with him - saw they kept him on the playoff roster, does that mean there’s some chance he’s game ready?
I honesty don’t know for sure, but it seems like he keeps having set back after set back. I’m not sure if he will ever play in the NHL again never-mind for the Bruins

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
The amount of shit this guy is getting after his first game back after a 4 month layoff is nauseating. Lets see this play out a bit. If it becomes a habit, sure, shit on him... but good lord.

It's all BS. He was one of the better Bruins. He's never going to skate fast... if you're waiting for him to skate like the wind etc you're setting yourself up to be disappointed... because he doesn't skate fast he's going to be called "fat and lazy" but he skates well enough, he's got very good hands, he plays calm, and he impacts the game with his size and physicality. He's not a HOF'er, but he can be a valuable piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: Number6

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's all BS. He was one of the better Bruins. He's never going to skate fast... if you're waiting for him to skate like the wind etc you're setting yourself up to be disappointed... because he doesn't skate fast he's going to be called "fat and lazy" but he skates well enough, he's got very good hands, he plays calm, and he impacts the game with his size and physicality. He's not a HOF'er, but he can be a valuable piece of the puzzle.

Let's just cut to the chase. In your opinion is he a top 6 kind of player? Simple as that.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Let's just cut to the chase. In your opinion is he a top 6 kind of player? Simple as that.
No, he isn't. But my point to you is he's not as trash as you claim he is.

I just don't get why he's getting the shit he is. The team is 0-2, for the most part they've looked like ass with a few exceptions. But hey, NICK RITCHIE!

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
For his first game back I at least thought he was noticeable. Made a few good exits out of the D zone. Had a good chance in front of the net that of course everyone whiffed on lol.

He was also one of the few aside from the two dmen under 5-9 that showed some irritability. Even saw a couple of Tampa players go out of their way (and leave their positions) to take a swipe at him.

He’s never going to be a burner. But with half the speed and two thirds of the hands he was far more useful than Debrusk was out there.

He can be better for sure, so could a lot of guys. I’ll give him a playoff series before I pass judgement. Or at least a few practices!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
For his first game back I at least thought he was noticeable. Made a few good exits out of the D zone. Had a good chance in front of the net that of course everyone whiffed on lol.

He was also one of the few aside from the two dmen under 5-9 that showed some irritability. Even saw a couple of Tampa players go out of their way (and leave their positions) to take a swipe at him.

He’s never going to be a burner. But with half the speed and two thirds of the hands he was far more useful than Debrusk was out there.

He can be better for sure, so could a lot of guys. I’ll give him a playoff series before I pass judgement. Or at least a few practices!

This.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No, he isn't. But my point to you is he's not as trash as you claim he is.

I just don't get why he's getting the shit he is. The team is 0-2, for the most part they've looked like ass with a few exceptions. But hey, NICK RITCHIE!

I've already told you that I don't blame Ritchie, but rather I blame Cassidy and Sweeney. The criticism of Ritchie's play was in response to the folks that said he was great out there last game. I simply disagreed with that assesment and stated why. It's not my fault you can't separate the two because I've been clear that I blame the organization for misusing him. He's not a top 6 player. His two hits with no shots, no goals, and no assists in 17 minutes of TOI and 2 minutes of PP TOI was not acceptable, and even worse than that was his lack of response when two Bruins players got run. If he's really here to be a big physical presence, where was that presence when Gryz and Krug were stepping up to defend their teammates? It's like you absolve him of any wrong doing because you're so sadly desperate for anyone to be physical, yet you don't realize that when it was time, he did NOTHING.

But hey, A+ game out there, looked really sharp and played well...:laugh:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Top 9 for sure... 2nd/3rd line I'm more than fine with it. All depends on line combinations and what makes sense...

Again, we traded Danton f***ing Heinen for him and he costs a little over a mil... and he's played like 8 games with us. The fact people are all over him is a joke. Give it 40 games next year and then we can revisit.

Worst case scenario he is a key cog on a skilled 4th line. I don't see the negative.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I've already told you that I don't blame Ritchie, but rather I blame Cassidy and Sweeney. The criticism of Ritchie's play was in response to the folks that said he was great out there last game. I simply disagreed with that assesment and stated why. It's not my fault you can't separate the two because I've been clear that I blame the organization for misusing him. He's not a top 6 player. His two hits with no shots, no goals, and no assists in 17 minutes of TOI and 2 minutes of PP TOI was not acceptable, and even worse than that was his lack of response when two Bruins players got run. If he's really here to be a big physical presence, where was that presence when Gryz and Krug were stepping up to defend their teammates? It's like you absolve him of any wrong doing because you're so sadly desperate for anyone to be physical, yet you don't realize that when it was time, he did NOTHING.

But hey, A+ game out there, looked really sharp and played well...:laugh:
Alright man, again. I’m just trying to have a conversation with you, but you’re kind of just being condescending to me and the points I’m trying to make.

I’ll back away from this topic, I guess. Cheers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I want Marchand with Bergeron

I want DeBrusk with Krejci

I want Ritchie with Coyle

I want Nordstrom with Kuraly

the right wingers ( including Pasta ) should be moved up and down depending on how they are playing, matchups, etc etc. Pasta should be primarily on the 1st line, but I like the idea of giving teams different combos to deal with. Stick him with Krejci for a few shifts, heck, try him with Coyle too. Line combos need some stability to help with chemistry and familiarity but I do believe in keeping things fresh by rotating certain players around.

Reactions: The National

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
IMO he’s too slow to play with Coyle and Bjork. But where do you put him? I certainly don’t break up the fourth line for him and he’s not good enough for top 6.

Hope he’ll make me eat crow this coming week. They need his physical play.

But that’s all I’m seeing right now. He’s a second or two behind every play.

Reactions: wintersej and LSCII

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He hasn't been bad but hes a 4th liner. At this point if we are hoping for a big scoring winger on that 3rd line I'd rather they give Frederic a look. Cant be any worse than Ritchie has been.

Reactions: Kalus and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->