Player Discussion Nick Ritchie Appreciation Thread

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Maybe Ritchie finally figured out he's losing 20 or 30,000 dollars per game he misses and should sign on the f***ing dotted line.

Edit: my guess is 3 years for 5.25m (1.5 1.75 2.0).

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
It's tough to find good comparables making over 2 mil, and I'm not sure Nick has shown enough to cash in on the promise of huge potential. I'm with the consensus, something just shy of 2 mil/per.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Anything under $2M I’m happy with. Murray hasn’t had as good a year as normal with RFAs though so wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a bit over that.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kase was pretty good but Montour was a decent amount higher than what the arbitration comparables would suggest and he didn’t get any term out of the signing.
He got a top 3 defensemen

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He got a top 3 defensemen

Who he paid more for than comparables were going for at that stage of their careers. Which is what the arbitration process is all about. Murray paid a bit more to avoid the process obviously but in the past even with our arbitration eligible guys he’s managed to get great deals.

And Montour hasn’t played like a top 3 Dman so far this season.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's played like our best defensemen thus far

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's played like our best defensemen thus far

Not since about game three he hasn’t. He’s been terrible in his own end. Against the Stars in particular he was getting absolutely abused and hemmed in and his gap control in general hasn’t been as good as it has been in the past.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Kase was pretty good but Montour was a decent amount higher than what the arbitration comparables would suggest and he didn’t get any term out of the signing.

I think the Kase one was very good. I agree about Montour's though. Murray paid more to avoid arbitration so I get it. But you're not wrong, that was higher (worse) than normal for Murray's RFA signings. That said, I'd still say a did a terrific job in this area this offseason because that Kase deal is really dang good.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You guys also aren't talking about Gibson, very good deal there.

Gibsons deal is completely different and not comparable at all, for starters he’s top 3 in his position and it bought out 7 UFA years. It’s also a very high risk signing.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Gibsons deal is completely different and not comparable at all, for starters he’s top 3 in his position and it bought out 7 UFA years. It’s also a very high risk signing.
It doesn’t count as an RFA signing for Murray because he’s a good player?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How does that make it any less an RFA signing?

It’s one year of RFA and seven of UFA. My original comment was Murray hasn’t been as good this year at RFA deals, not hybrid deals that take guys off the unrestricted market throughout their primes.

Gibson’s contract is completely different and not comparable to normal RFA deals for obvious reason. Plus it’s way to early to call his deal good as it carries a shitload of risk still. We won’t know until halfway through at least.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It’s one year of RFA and seven of UFA. My original comment was Murray hasn’t been as good this year at RFA deals, not hybrid deals that take guys off the unrestricted market throughout their primes.

Gibson’s contract is completely different and not comparable to normal RFA deals for obvious reason. Plus it’s way to early to call his deal good as it carries a ****load of risk still. We won’t know until halfway through at least.
Exactly. If you wanted to look at a true RFA contract for Gibson, it’s the one he’s currently on. Not the next one.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad