Value of: Nick Ritchie to Vancouver?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Your offer is waiver wire fodder? How generous.

I'm sure someone will take Gagner at the deadline, to be honest there isn't much VAN would have to offer, all our FWDs are young prospects or older players who have long contracts. What do you want? Leipsic? Motte? Schaller?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm sure someone will take Gagner at the deadline, to be honest there isn't much VAN would have to offer, all our FWDs are young prospects or older players who have long contracts. What do you want? Leipsic? Motte? Schaller?

Option B. Keep Ritchie instead of move him for absolutely nothing.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks are gutless and girlishly soft. They have just demonstrated this and left no doubt. This is the worst moment to pay for Ritchie! Also, Canuck management probably don't believe they need him.

Reactions: Dirk316

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Not meaning to hijack the thread but if we could work out some sort of trade for Nylander for D plus Ritchie leafs brass would be all over it. We need some size and LW is a concern moving forward.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not meaning to hijack the thread but if we could work out some sort of trade for Nylander for D plus Ritchie leafs brass would be all over it. We need some size and LW is a concern moving forward.

If you're thinking that D would be one of our top 4, it doesn't work for Anaheim. They don't need Nylander bad enough to open a massive hole on their blue line.

Now if you're talking Ritchie + a D prospect that's different.

Reactions: Vipers31

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Only dmen available would be larsson, pettersson, walinski and mahura.

Not to mention we wouldnt have the cap space to get nylander signed

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

We don't have the cap space to sign nylander

Reactions: Catch22

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Ritchie is unsigned in Anaheim, what would it take to get him via a trade?

Also, can Anaheim fans chime in to how aggressive of a game he plays, thanks!?

You're seriously asking how aggressive of a game he plays ? Ever heard of youtube ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nope what is youtube....

Was asking Anaheim fans who watch him how he plays, could care less what a Flyers fan thinks of my question

I assume your asking to get someone to be on the ice to protect pettersson a little bit? If so yes Ritchie can do that... he occasionally will cross the line but he is amongst the league leaders in hits every year, and he is a pretty big boy so when he does hit they are pretty hard hits.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Do we have room though?
We've got Baertschi, Leipsic, Goldobin, Roussel, Schaller on the LW.

Is there any interest in Leipsic from Anaheim? Maybe something like Hutton or Del Zotto, Leipsic and a pick/prospect? Don't even know if that's an overpayment. Or Schaller if you want some grit?

These are indeed the sort of pieces the Canucks would have to offer for Ritchie. Probably a few other Top-9ish forwards you could throw in the mix, but ultimately...

I think it's likely that Ritchie never lives up to what some people thought he'd be when he was drafted, but offering a collection of bottom of the roster pieces for him makes no sense. If you are the Ducks, you roll the dice that he is a late blooming PF, and if he isn't you still have a player better than Leipsic or Schaller.

This is the problem. Vancouver isn't really a good trade partner for Ritchie. And he's also not an easy trade target in the first place. For the same reason Vancouver fans would want something that other teams fans would surely view as "massive overpayment" for a guy like Virtanen. They're useful enough players as is...and there's always that chance that they really "get it" and become that elusive power forward with real offensive ability. It's just not worth swapping them for someone who is going to be marginally more effective, with only a fraction of the "upside" if they figure it out.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
The misconception is the past Ducks toughness exists today.
We got manhandled by Dallas a couple games ago.
Fowler is basically pillow soft
Manson is the only seriously tough player playing right now.
Getz and Perry are big guys, but are starting to show a lot of tough miles in their career
Lindholm will hit, but won’t strike fear in anyone
Kesler is “gritty” but again, not many are going to be afraid of standing up to him.
Gibson has been getting a lot of contact for two years, and the Dallas game showed it can be exploited.

IF....big IF Ritchie’s off season work leads to some better physical improvements he is really a valuable power forward that we lack right now

Reactions: Getzmonster

lawrence

May 19, 2012
You're seriously asking how aggressive of a game he plays ? Ever heard of youtube ?

youtube only shows some of his goals and fights, and not his play away from the puck and some of his physical aspects. For all you can do, you can youtube Jake Virtanen and it has a lot of cherry picked footages.

Reactions: thadd

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Ritchie would be a target of mine but also Marcus Foligno if we could get one of either to ride shot gun with EP for a season or two would be great. Until EP gets a little stronger himself he needs to have someone watching his back. Even the threat of getting beaten by someone would have given Matheson a thought to think twice but he knew nobody was gonna do anything.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
The Ducks forward group is lacking in grit right now. Unless we could swap Ritchie for a similar player I'd rather just get him signed and back in the lineup.

I dont think moving him for picks/prospects would do us much good.

You can have Lucic.

You all can have Lucic!

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You're responding to someone who already conceded their point was incorrect (he said Fowler plays big for crying out loud).

That's a completely false notion as well. Ducks fans have been saying for quite some time that the team needs more speed and skill. But a lineup also requires balance. Right now without Getzlaf, Perry and Ritchie (just got Kesler back) the team is short on brawn. You need speed skill and physicality to win consistently in this league. Once we get those guys back in the lineup, should have an improved balance compared to last year with the skill added from the youth.

As for today's lineup, I will once again state that no one can honestly tell me this:

Comtois - Henrique - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Kesler - Rakell
Lundestrom - Steel - Sherwood
Gibbons - Street - Terry

...is not a soft forward lineup even by today's standards. Absolutely could use Ritchie's brawn right now.

How can you begin to tell us you know the new NHL when you tried to tell me cement footed Andrej Sustr belongs in our top 4?

His statement was true regardless of Fowler and his bigger point was true as well. And it’s a False statement by you. Dirk316 and a few of you other fans have said we don’t have toughness, etc. Which is ridiculous when the poster I quoted named em off. Some of you need to wake up and see 2018 NHL

We don’t have any skill forwards and what he said was spot on. I just agreed with em, and made a notion in agreement.

And It’s not Just this board lots of you have the same mind set at the ducks games. Not everything is based off this fricken forum.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
His statement was true regardless of Fowler and his bigger point was true as well. And it’s a False statement by you. Dirk316 and a few of you other fans have said we don’t have toughness, etc. Which is ridiculous when the poster I quoted named em off. Some of you need to wake up and see 2018 NHL

We don’t have any skill forwards and what he said was spot on. I just agreed with em, and made a notion in agreement.

And It’s not Just this board lots of you have the same mind set at the ducks games. Not everything is based off this fricken forum.

I have been saying for years that the team has needed more speed and skill, as have the majority of fans here. But right now with most of our bigger, stronger forwards removed from the lineup, we are lacking in size and strength. All I've said in this thread is that we need some of those guys back for proper balance. Lumping that in with Dirk's " everyone should fight and Jared Boll is useful" garbage is as lazy of a comparison as you could make.

The Cup doesn't get awarded to the fastest/most skilled team in the league. The Caps plenty of size, strength and toughness last year, to go with their skill. We are lacking in that area right now, getting Ritchie back can help. You simply are not watching the games if you can't see this current forward group getting physically manhandled.

You literally named the only person here who has been constantly saying the team needs more toughness, your " I've been telling Ducks fans for years" high horse is just ridiculous. Be honest here, the only thing you told Ducks fans for years was that Etem was our savior.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad