Confirmed with Link: Nick Ritchie to Toronto (2x2.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Matthews and Marner disappeared. Top two choked. Completely disappointing choke job. The effort in game 5 was so disgusting. Not on Keefe. Matthews scored in game 1 and Marner hasn’t scored in 15 straight playoff games. Garbage
Yeah well when your coach makes zero effort to get away from the hard match that’s usually what happens. Keefe even bragged about not matching lines. Terrible coaching

Also 34 led the team in shots, hits, takeaways and blocked shots. I wouldn’t exactly call that “disappearing”

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ritchie was fourth in goals last year. Marchand was the Left winger that out scored him. Pasta and Bergeron were the other two. I’d take him over Hall every day.
He had second line minutes and played 2nd powerplay. It was his breakout year of sorts. Played every game too. I hope he comes to camp in best shape of his career. If he does its going to be interesting to see if he out scores Hall,Foligno etc. I think we got a good deal.
Hyman was good but Ritchie is more what we need coming them directly. Ritchie,Bunting,Kase,Gabriel,Kampf for $6,900,000. Great cap management for $1,400,000 more than Hyman cost alone. No roomies being rushed. All good

56 games, 15 goals is decent but only 11 assists so 26 points(38 point pace). That's a breakout year?

Hall's numbers weren't impressive in Buffalo but once he got to Boston he was pretty great:
16 games, 8 goals 6 assists for 14 points (72 point pace).

Hey I hope does great here but I think you're getting a bit carried away here, I'd say his chances of outscoring Hall are near zero.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah well when your coach makes zero effort to get away from the hard match that’s usually what happens. Keefe even bragged about not matching lines. Terrible coaching

Also 34 led the team in shots, hits, takeaways and blocked shots. I wouldn’t exactly call that “disappearing”
He scored in game 1 and choked out after. That’s what matters. Why would keefe change the matchup if he’s dominating the way you say by the way

Reactions: DivInit23

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You can actually see the stress and flustered almost anxiety on Matthews face in playoffs. It looks like someone who already lost after a series. Pretty crazy and if you watch for it you see it creep right on to his face in playoffs. He’s mentally weak in playoffs. He allows the pressure to choke him out. Marner too. Impossible to articulate in words, you just see it.

All this describes Marner pretty well but Matthews outplayed Marner by a huge margin, like not even close. He did a ton of things well and he had an abnormally low SH%, the odds of that happening again in the playoffs are pretty slim. I'm not really worried about Matthews but three poor playoffs in a row for money Mitch is definitely cause for concern.

Reactions: Griffin76

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
All this describes Marner pretty well but Matthews outplayed Marner by a huge margin, like not even close. He did a ton of things well and he had an abnormally low SH%, the odds of that happening again in the playoffs are pretty slim. I'm not really worried about Matthews but three poor playoffs in a row for money Mitch is definitely cause for concern.
Unless they put another shooting threat on Matthews line get used to him having that low shooting %. When everyone in the building knows you’re shooting you’re not getting far

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
56 games, 15 goals is decent but only 11 assists so 26 points(38 point pace). That's a breakout year?

Hall's numbers weren't impressive in Buffalo but once he got to Boston he was pretty great:
16 games, 8 goals 6 assists for 14 points (72 point pace).

Hey I hope does great here but I think you're getting a bit carried away here, I'd say his chances of outscoring Hall are near zero.
Hall makes $6,000,000 he makes $2,500,000 he get half as much he is better value. Hall doesn’t protect anyone either. We need Ritchie more than a hall. At one third the cost i take Ritchie easily

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yes and he's going to hear about it from fans too and he won't handle it well

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Ritchie probably to play with JT, I have a feeling Kase might be playing RW with them.
Bunting-AM-Marner
Kerfoot-Spezza-Willie
Soup-Kampf-Engvall/Simmonds/Gabriel

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
That would be an interesting line, partly because I think they have to split up Matthews and Marner.
I am looking forward to seeing Richie play but I do have some reservations about where Boston’s 4th best Left Winger fits in
Matthews needs a shooting threat like Nylander on his line. Ritchie would play at a similar pace and style to Tavares. I like it, but I also have zero faith in Keefe to utilize the roster properly

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Ritchie probably to play with JT, I have a feeling Kase might be playing RW with them.
Bunting-AM-Marner
Kerfoot-Spezza-Willie
Soup-Kampf-Engvall/Simmonds/Gabriel
Spreading the big 4 across 3 lines is definitely the right thing to do but I can’t see it happening under Keefe

Reactions: leafsfan5

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Who said i was praising Marner. They lost us a series. The have 25 pts Marner and 24 points Matthews in five playoffs each. Not bad but they killed us two in a row. The team went basically 3 games without scoring against Columbus bookends shutout losses and a comeback from 3-0 with just a little over 3 minutes left in the third. Thats a bad trending top players production

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Spreading the big 4 across 3 lines is definitely the right thing to do but I can’t see it happening under Keefe
I think Keefe just won’t split AM and Marner up, the rest he might. For some reason the MGT is afraid of getting AM and Marner upset. They don’t seem to care other players as much. To me, ever since JT becomes a father, his mind might not be on the team any more. Don’t blame him as I have been there too.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
In all fairness, the top 2 LW's have been the NHL first team allstar LW in 3 of the last 5 years. DeBrusk is debatable, but he is homegrown and already signed.
And Foligno can also play LW
Marchand
Hall
Debrusk
Foligno

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hall makes $6,000,000 he makes $2,500,000 he get half as much he is better value. Hall doesn’t protect anyone either. We need Ritchie more than a hall. At one third the cost i take Ritchie easily

That's fair, just don't expect him to outscore Hall.

Yes and he's going to hear about it from fans too and he won't handle it well

I hope you're wrong but you're probably right.

Who said i was praising Marner. They lost us a series. The have 25 pts Marner and 24 points Matthews in five playoffs each. Not bad but they killed us two in a row. The team went basically 3 games without scoring against Columbus bookends shutout losses and a comeback from 3-0 with just a little over 3 minutes left in the third. Thats a bad trending top players production

I don't recall saying you're praising Marner, I just said Matthews played a lot better.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Just in case some of you are confused.. Nick Ritchie and Mitch Marner are two different people... this thread is about Nick Ritchie...

Nick Ritchie

https:%2F%2Fpuckprose.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1208826128.jpeg

Mitch Marner

marner_leafs.jpg

This is a Ritchie thread

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
exactly, I do agree with you. There is an element of expecting them to be hard working everyday. But I don’t think many people realize how much work they actually do put in throughout the year and how much sacrifice they make to actually bring us entertainment including being publicly scrutinized daily. Making 11 million or 2.5 million doesn’t make you less human or exempt from
Feeling pressure or anxiety from the media and fans

I actually visited Gary Roberts camp 3 years ago one time. I knew his chef and they ordered some things from my wifes bakery, so i had a chance to see the training. They were in St Andews college in Aurora. The facilities are unbelievable. It was right after the season was done too. Saw Kessel there, Stammer, McDavid, Brady Tkachuk, some players I didnt recognize and some prospects. Roberts was running them pretty hard.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I actually visited Gary Roberts camp 3 years ago one time. I knew his chef and they ordered some things from my wifes bakery, so i had a chance to see the training. They were in St Andews college in Aurora. The facilities are unbelievable. It was right after the season was done too. Saw Kessel there, Stammer, McDavid, Brady Tkachuk, some players I didnt recognize and some prospects. Roberts was running them pretty hard.
I know that this a fib because Gary Roberts hasn’t eaten a carb since 1998 :sarcasm:
unless the baked goods were for Phil.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
I was searching for Ritchie's highlights and found the following:

So Ritchie has done something no other current Leaf could claim to have done: Not only did he score the game winner in a game 7 to claim the series, a tie-breaking goal in the 3rd when the score was 1-1, his goal "exorcised the demon" for a Ducks team that has lost 4 straight game 7 at home.

If he can only repeat this feat for the Leafs ....

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Ritchie is gonna surprise some people this year. Top tier linemates and net front on one of our PPs. Plus he led Boston in hits. I’m excited

This is what I see too . Very small investment given some of contracts given out to somewhat comparable players . He just needs to contribute as a compliment to the studs .

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
This is what I see too . Very small investment given some of contracts given out to somewhat comparable players . He just needs to contribute as a compliment to the studs .
Exactly. We’re so stacked on the top 2 lines that they just need an LW to do some dirty work, crash the net, recover some pucks and make sure the play doesn’t die on their stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->