Player Discussion Nick Paul (LW)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He looked fantastic last year on that line with Brown and Batherson and looks to have carried over into the NHL. He's a huge man and he's using that size well and he's confident with the puck on his stick.

Great to see it. He belongs here, he earned it. At the very least he's gonna be a good depth player but he still has upside to be a decent contributor offensively with all his tools. Glad the team stuck with him. Boucher never gave him a fair chance imo. I can't say many nice things about DJ Smith but at least he's giving Paul a chance and he's capitalizing.

Think we got a keeper here.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I liked Paul as junior player.
Got excited when we got him.
Then I soured on him.
Then loved his game in the AHL.
Last year I thought he might have a chance at being a good NHLer.
Then he sucked in camp.
I was pretty much done with him.
Then in the last two weeks he's made his last chance count.
A roller coaster I tell ya.

The guy has finally got it I think. He's using his frame to protect the puck and playing like he's 6'4 for once. His stride is not fluid so he needs to work hard and he's finally doing that.

I'm happy for the kid. Not everyone gets it right away. Hopefully he takes off from here.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Good to see. He is playing effectively, hope he can keep to going because he has been a useful player.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Good to see. He is playing effectively, hope he can keep to going because he has been a useful player.
images.jpeg

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Incredibly happy for Paul, watching him get hugged by his teammates when DJ broke the news to the group that he was here to stay - that was a simply beautiful moment and a reminder of why sports are incredible on so many levels, and Im happy that we got to witness that moment for him. Hopefully thats something every single one of us Sens fans (regardless of our opinions on other things) can agree and appreciate together.

Hes probably the best feel good/hard work and perseverance story on the Sens that we've had in longer than I can remember (Im probably forgetting someone - maybe the Hamburglar or Hoffman I guess lol :sarcasm:). This guy is a soldier with the heart of a lion, and he actually plays a very lovable style of game on the ice now that hes all polished up.

He never pouted or demanded a trade out of here, as most of our busted prospects that arrived with hype and promise did at one point. He acted like a true pro and stayed positive throughout the entire dramatic journey that has ended with him becoming a full time NHLer, which says so many good things about his character and what kind of human being he is (the kind that you want to go to war with).

As someone whos been cut on more than a few occasions, I have nothing but respect for Nick Paul taking it on the chin as much as he did, and getting right back up every time..

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Paul is hard on the forecheck and he's really hard to play against on the wall in the o zone. His game will never be pretty but if he keeps doing what he's doing he's going to carve out a pretty decent career for himself.

Reactions: Icelevel

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Paul is a different player this year...he knows it's do or die, regardless he's going to carve out an NHL career now

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He looked fantastic last year on that line with Brown and Batherson and looks to have carried over into the NHL. He's a huge man and he's using that size well and he's confident with the puck on his stick.

Great to see it. He belongs here, he earned it. At the very least he's gonna be a good depth player but he still has upside to be a decent contributor offensively with all his tools. Glad the team stuck with him. Boucher never gave him a fair chance imo. I can't say many nice things about DJ Smith but at least he's giving Paul a chance and he's capitalizing.

Think we got a keeper here.

Hard to imagine that Boucher preferred Didomineco or even Dumont over giving Paul a legit chance

Reactions: NB613 and Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hard to imagine that Boucher preferred Didomineco or even Dumont over giving Paul a legit chance
Is it? Dorion wasnt much help for Paul either publicly critisizing him. He has no idea how a player ticks. I know he was very critical of him to Justin Murray who scouted him and gave him high praise prior to the Spezza deal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is it? Dorion wasnt much help for Paul either publicly critisizing him. He has no idea how a player ticks. I know he was very critical of him to Justin Murray who scouted him and gave him high praise prior to the Spezza deal.
Oh I agree , as I said above .. Dorion is a weak GM in that regard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad