Player Discussion: Nick Leddy

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Leddy wasn't even our second worse defenseman last night. If there is any defenseman the Islanders need to drop into the middle of the ocean it's Thomas Hickey. What the **** was he doing last night on the 1st and 3rd goals? The guy is total trash and continues to get a free pass around here.

But he’s a plus player!!!

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Leddy wasn't even our second worse defenseman last night. If there is any defenseman the Islanders need to drop into the middle of the ocean it's Thomas Hickey. What the **** was he doing last night on the 1st and 3rd goals? The guy is total trash and continues to get a free pass around here.

Embarrassing. Couldn’t believe my eyes on tbe 3rd goal.

Don’t think he gets a free pass around here, but definitely in the Isle organization

Reactions: bigtim1988

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Can’t even begin to explain what Hickey was doing on the third goal. At least I got some extra sleep thanks to Hickey.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't think he's carrying it like he used to for two reasons. The emergence of Barzal as the main puck transporter, and we're not playing for the stretch pass when breaking out, so there isn't as much space for him to turn and get going. He really needs to start carrying it again, because otherwise he's very mediocre. Please get him off the PP.

That Eberle/Hickey "defense" was embarrassing.

Reactions: IODCPiper

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe PJB will talk up Leddy to Gubas and they'll trade us Nylander for him.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

Looks bad for sure. But at the start of the GIF you can see Pelech guarding the high slot. Eberle lost his man. That left Hickey to cover Burns skating out of the corner and also the guy behind the net at the other side. So I think what Hickey was thinking was that Burns was going to pass behind the net and the other guy was going to skate out front for a shot, or if Burns skated out front and then passed across the guy would have a tap in. So he played the pass and left Burns to Lehner. But yeah, it looks bad.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
That particular play wouldn't really be a good one to rip Hickey. HE gets stuck in the middle, it won't be in the top 500 of bad defensive moves this season for this team.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Why does no one take my "beard being the source of his power" theory seriously? I mean come on. With the beard he was pretty good. Now he's clean shaven and he's lost out there. Sound theory if you ask me lol

Reactions: bigtim1988

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Why does no one take my "beard being the source of his power" theory seriously? I mean come on. With the beard he was pretty good. Now he's clean shaven and he's lost out there. Sound theory if you ask me lol
Because he looked like Sasquatch last year and he played like crap.

Reactions: Eberzal

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Blockbuster with Buffalo with Mittelstadt as the central return with other pieces being swapped as well maybe even one of those #1's come back too -

Nelson has connect with Eichel

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Blockbuster with Buffalo with Mittelstadt as the central return with other pieces being swapped as well maybe even one of those #1's come back too -

Nelson has connect with Eichel
Sorry - your suggestion or actual rumor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad