Nick Leddy

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Ryan Suter, Erik Johnson, Kevin Shattenkirk, Keith Yandle, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, John Carlsson, Jack Johnson, Zach Bogosian, Dustin Byfuglein, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler, Seth Jones, Ryan McDonaugh, Jacob Trouba, Dan DeKeyser.

I think he is better than 4 or 5 of those guys at least.

If I were doing the team

Suter Yandle
McDonaugh Orpik
E Johnson Shattenkirk
Carlsson Faulk

I just can't see Leddy making it.

Yeah, I agree with everything here.

Leddy's best case scenario for making the team would probably be if Shattenkirk and Faulk both miss time. Even then, he'd still have a tough time earning a spot over someone like Carlson, Martin, or even Seth Jones. USA Hockey has loads of experience working with Jones, and it wouldn't be the first time they'd sent him to a tournament that he arguably wasn't ready for yet.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, I agree with everything here.

Leddy's best case scenario for making the team would probably be if Shattenkirk and Faulk both miss time. Even then, he'd still have a tough time earning a spot over someone like Carlson, Martin, or even Seth Jones. USA Hockey has loads of experience working with Jones, and it wouldn't be the first time they'd sent him to a tournament that he arguably wasn't ready for yet.

Yeah, I'm as big a Leddy fan as anyone but I just don't see a scenario where he gets in this time around.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Moving Leddy to forward...it don't even make sense.

They've said that about a lot of defenseman that moved to forward who were successful in their forward role..... Wendell Clark is a good example - more recently Dustin Byfuglien for the Hawks in 2010.

IMO, I'm fine with him at D, but I just wish he would shoot the puck more when he has the opportunity...

SLarmer28*

Instead of dumping the puck he loves to carry it and skate.... He's like a D-man that is very offensive but has no problems reverting to his original post - not only that but the kid is afraid to shoot the puck given the opportunity. - very odd defenseman...
Nick Leddy needs to watch tape of Brian Campbell when he was with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Hot Cheetos

Jul 1, 2013
On top of the obvious reasons to keep him at D, who would they remove as a forward to play him? Doesn't make sense at either end of the argument.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think Leddy up front would have greater effect than Morin...we have Dahlbeck Svedberg Johns Clendenning and Fournier coming for their chance to lock a spot in the Show..all bring differing aspects to the game but could replace Leddy and we will not ney out worse..in some cases maybe better on D. .but ee have very few wingers with Leddy's speed and rushing ability..I would at least investigate the possibility of moving him to wing.

Kaner Coffee

Anna for Hart Trophy
Jul 2, 2011
Chicago
I think Leddy up front would have greater effect than Morin...we have Dahlbeck Svedberg Johns Clendenning and Fournier coming for their chance to lock a spot in the Show..all bring differing aspects to the game but could replace Leddy and we will not ney out worse..in some cases maybe better on D. .but ee have very few wingers with Leddy's speed and rushing ability..I would at least investigate the possibility of moving him to wing.

So his greatest assets as a PMD and PPQB suggest that he shouldn't be a defenseman? There is a lot of other stuff wrong with this post, but that's my biggest objection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad