Value of: Nick Leddy to Montreal

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Top pairing defensemen are expensive. You don’t have to be snarky about it.

Sure... top pairing dmen should be expensive. But this is leddy who is getting buried in every advanced stat when you try to give him the competition a top pairing d should face. Hes living on reputation, not his play over the last two seasons.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
These are the pieces I would put on the table so package up an offer and we will engage.

Kulak: A good bottom pairing or depth guy to have. If the Islanders don't want Kulak, that is fine. We are just offering a guy you can use on the back end in terms of depth. Kulak played well down the stretch last year but has to work at being consistent. If Leddy is traded, do you have the depth for someone to play this year at LD?

Weise: One year cap dump to bridge the money in/out for both teams.

2nd and 3rd round picks: No team is trading a 1st for Leddy. But I would put 2nd's and 3rd on the table.

Ylonen: If you don't want Kulak, we can alter the trade a bit to include Ylonen.

Tatar: Habs need him but if you insist, we might do this.

Package 1:
- Kulak, Weise, 2nd, 3rd.
for
- Leddy

Package 2:
- Ylonen, Weise, 3rd
for
- Leddy

Package 3:
- Tatar and one of Kulak or Reilly
for
- Leddy, a pick, and we can take on a one year cap dump (Weise type)
Isles Defensive depth without Leddy:
Pelech-Pulock
Toews-Mayfield
Hickey-Dobson
Aho-Boychuk
Hutton

Isles have enough bottom pairing defenseman (and bottom 6 forwards) on the roster (including signed through next season) plus in the minors that Kulak would just be a waste of space, same goes for Alzner if you're still trying to get rid of him. Currently, Hickey is a LHD who can still play an NHL game and Aho (LHD) & Hutton (RHD) will all be called up if the injury numbers pile up on the back end. Weise is another bottom 6 forward to add to the list of Komarov, Cizikas, Martin, Clutterbuck, Johnston, Kuhnhackl and currently Brassard and Beauvillier. That would literally give them 9 by adding Weise who wouldn't even fit into the roster. The problem comes with top 6 forwards, mainly center depth. What center prospects who are close to NHL ready are available? That's where the depth becomes a factor. Josh Ho-Sang is also available if it becomes a numbers game of moving guys out.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I think the following deal would be the kind of thing Lamoriello would look for and deem fair, and may be doable for Montreal:
Leddy and Dal Colle to MON
for
Lehkonen, Vejdemo, McShane + 2020 2nd rounder (can be the later of the two) to NYI.

I could be wrong in my read of Montreal in this case...

An option involving some kind the transfer of Alzner (and Weise?) for Ladd is also quite interesting, but I don't think players can be moved while on the IR, right?

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I think the following deal would be the kind of thing Lamoriello would look for and deem fair, and may be doable for Montreal:
Leddy and Dal Colle to MON
for
Lehkonen, Vejdemo, McShane + 2020 2nd rounder (can be the later of the two) to NYI.

I could be wrong in my read of Montreal in this case...

An option involving some kind the transfer of Alzner (and Weise?) for Ladd is also quite interesting, but I don't think players can be moved while on the IR, right?

Habs need Leddy. Not Dal Colle. For Lehkonen and Vejdemo ? No problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->