Nick Leddy Appreciation Thread

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
I'm bummed to see him go. I have a feeling he's going to be missed. Quality offensively skilled defensemen are hard to come by and are necessary to any serious contender. I think he was underrated.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Am definitely sad to see him go. That day or two when we snagged both him and Boychuk was one of the most exciting times in an offseason I've had as an Isles fan; it signified we were going from rebuild to trying to actually win and both were instrumental in turning things around and winning that first playoff series in decades, and then some more when Trotz/Lou came along. I am a bit bummed that neither is likely to play for us again, but that's the business these days and I wish Leddy the best of luck moving forward.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Great guy

will be fun to look back on years from now in terms of his skating, truly a unique skill set

Reactions: buud

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
Think Trotz really helped Nick when he hit the wall and had that dreadful plus minus year on a dreadful defensive club. Trotz got him his confidence back. I appreciate everything Nick did here from the day he arrived.

It was time, but his skating ability will be missed. Let’s see what Lou does

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Going to be interesting to see if Detroit flips him at the TDL or tries to get him to stay,buying time for their young D to develop.

And closing in on 30, would Leddy even want to be back in a long-term rebuild, even if the money is higher than he would get elsewhere?
Maybe we could pick him up at the TDL... ;)

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Echoing the sentiment about getting Leddy and Boychuk at the same time. They were a great pairing, and I will miss Nick's effortless skating. Wishing him at least one more Cup, but not against us.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com
Leddy was a very solid player for us for a long time. The trades Garth made to bring both him and Boychuk over really helped completely change the trajectory of our franchise even with the couple of tough years in the middle pre-Trotz. Watching him skate was a thing of beauty. Sad to see him go, but it was the right move at the right time, but he will absolutely be missed.

Reactions: JoeM and buud

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Wings fan here, happy to trade with my #2 team (NYI)/Childhood team (70's-mid 80's). Hopefully it's win-win. Would've like to pay a 3rd, but a late-ish 2nd isn't unreasonable.

Can't put a price on mentorship for Filip "Don't Call Me Jeremy/JR" Hronek, MoZilla Seider & Gus "don't call me Nik" Lindstrom.

didn't know where else to put this JGP pic, so... (also looks like he's flippin' the bird, I'm sure he's not, just looks like it hahaha).

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Wings fan here, happy to trade with my #2 team (NYI)/Childhood team (70's-mid 80's). Hopefully it's win-win. Would've like to pay a 3rd, but a late-ish 2nd isn't unreasonable.

Can't put a price on mentorship for Filip "Don't Call Me Jeremy/JR" Hronek, MoZilla Seider & Gus "don't call me Nik" Lindstrom.

didn't know where else to put this JPP pic, so... (also looks like he's flippin' the bird, I'm sure he's not, just looks like it hahaha).

View attachment 456604
They really didn't want to retake that photo with his fingers in a different pose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad