Nick Leddy Appreciation Thread

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He was a good Islander for sure and will be remembered fondly. Never could take that next step in any area of his game after arriving, but he was a solid player for a long time. Glad he came and we all got to see the most majestic creature on ice.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I will never forget the moment I found out that we got Boychuk and Leddy. What a nutty hour that was. One of Garth's better moves.
That was so awesome! Especially after all of those years of managing the cap floor. Garf really pulled off two gems with that one. I'll miss Leddy. Understated and underrated- just the way you want your good players to be. So long Leddy and thanks!

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Nick Leddy
31st All time in Islander scoring

8 seasons - 518 GP - 45-198-243

4th All time amongst D men in Points and Assists, 5th in G amongst D, And 6th amongst D all time GP.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
There was a time when Nick Leddy being out of our lineup meant a guaranteed L. He was one of our untouchables for a long time. That’s the best compliment a player can get.

You will be missed Leds.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Another great playoff beard bites the dust.

Though he could be frustrating at times, Leddy was more solid than not. His arrival here was a harbinger for what was to come for this franchise. Thanks for being a factor in the Islanders Renaissance.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Thanks for all the memories Nick, for re-signing with us, for some really good moments, for being classy and for helping us return to respectability . Will look forward to your tribute video and a standing O for your first game at UBS ... you can still sign with us for $1.5M after next season , just sayin'

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
That was so awesome! Especially after all of those years of managing the cap floor. Garf really pulled off two gems with that one. I'll miss Leddy. Understated and underrated- just the way you want your good players to be. So long Leddy and thanks!
I remember rumors that we were either getting Boychuk OR Leddy and pondering which I'd prefer. When we got both, I thought "OMG! We might make the playoffs!" :banana:

The previous year's defense (13-14) was so awful: Carkner, Strait, A. Mac, A. Ness, Hickey. eww.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
The day they acquired both Leddy and Boychuk was such a major coup. Team instantly became one to watch (though the Isles never really surrounded Tavares with talent).

That pairing was phenomenal the first four or five years they were together.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Such a crazy moment in Islander history. Possibly, Snow’s shrewdest and best move.

It will remain one of those where were you moments.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Such a crazy moment in Islander history. Possibly, Snow’s shrewdest and best move.

It will remain one of those where were you moments.

It was a Saturday, I had to come into Manhattan and do testing at the office and hated it. Started celebrating with my Islander fan friend while we were both lurking on HF Isles as non users.

Reactions: SI

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
He'll be missed. Feel bad he's going to a bottom team after the peak in his career.

Creates room for Dobson to be our elite passer from the D and move up to the 3/4.

Best of luck Nick.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
To me, and I know it can (and probably will be) debated (ahem Periferal), but that offseason where we got Boychuk and Leddy right before the season with a horrid D-Corp, was the first signal of a return to respectability. Both guys signed long term and made commitments and it absolutely changed the franchise's self esteem. Loved having Nick here and wish him all the best! He'll still be Isles fam when he's in town.

Reactions: MJF and SI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leddy's three points get Islanders by Predators - Sportsnet.ca

His goal at 50 seconds of the game recap is seared into my memory. Don’t know why but I’ll miss him and his beautiful skating.

Best of luck Nick! Sorry we couldn’t get you your second Cup

Going to be interesting to see if Detroit flips him at the TDL or tries to get him to stay,buying time for their young D to develop.

And closing in on 30, would Leddy even want to be back in a long-term rebuild, even if the money is higher than he would get elsewhere?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
To me, and I know it can (and probably will be) debated (ahem Periferal), but that offseason where we got Boychuk and Leddy right before the season with a horrid D-Corp, was the first signal of a return to respectability. Both guys signed long term and made commitments and it absolutely changed the franchise's self esteem. Loved having Nick here and wish him all the best! He'll still be Isles fam when he's in town.
I agree. I loved the swag Boychuk bought.
Those early yrs with Leddy and Boychuk were enjoyable.

Best of luck to Leddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad