Value of: Nick Leddy and Leo Komarov (50% retention)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure if we can really bridge Toews. He's 26.

I would take the deal. I don't care that we're retaining a mill or that the picks are 60 and then 90-110. We don't have many picks and we need a deeper prospect pool (even if those are all darts against the board).

Lou got himself in a little bit of a pickle thanks to the pandemic (which I'm sure affects half the league as well) and inheriting the Ladd contract.

That contract is the rash that just keeps on itching. How awful. That whole class of free agents was terrible. Ick.

Might be better if you can unload Komorov to the Rangers and give them the two 4th's you got for the Leddy deal? I have to admit though, I'm a bit worried about adding Leddy's cap hit cause the Habs have lots of guys to sign in the next two years. Habs can easily find out what it takes to sign Domi, Gallagher, Tatar, Danault, Petry before we make the trade though. Started at $1M of retention and maybe Bergevin ask for $1.5M. Can't see it going higher than that though.

Ladd is a contract you will have to learn how to live with.

Good point on Toews. I find it hard to nail down his AAV. His prorated stats end up to be 34 pts and 7 goals which is pretty good. I say $2M is close and likely gets a 1 year deal. If you want more than 1 year, Toews will ask for more I think.

Better hope the cap grows after next season. I think fans will be in the seats starting January and the cap will grow. Not buying this flat cap for 3 years talk. I think we are still in a very fluid situation. 6 months till January and lots can happen

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Why on earth would the Rangers be interested in Komarov?

because we have a soft team and he is a physical player. Because Islanders outbid them for him when he was a UFA. Because I believe he can communicate both in Russian and Finnish and we have both types. Because he is an upgrade over McKegg. Also because he can play center and Rangers will likely lose Fast to free agency.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
because we have a soft team and he is a physical player. Because Islanders outbid them for him when he was a UFA. Because I believe he can communicate both in Russian and Finnish and we have both types. Because he is an upgrade over McKegg. Also because he can play center and Rangers will likely lose Fast to free agency.

You can do much better.

Find some Nordstrom types instead. Komarov is quite slow, and has lost a lot of his touch. He's a loveable human being but I don't see why NYR would acquire him even with heavy retention. If NYI is retaining, not sure if there is a ton of benefit to moving him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad