Value of: Nick Jensen to Tampa at the TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
3rd and B-/C Prospect

Who sits if TBL get's Jensen? Girardi I guess?

Jensen to Toronto for their 3rd and someone like Tymashov

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Here’s the biggest problem with adding Jensen: yes, he would be an upgrade on Girardi. But even if we were to send Girardi to Syracuse we’d still have to rotate Jensen with Stralman, Cernak, and Sergachev as we certainly aren’t benching any of those guys for him. Defensemen added at the deadline already have a difficult time fitting in with their new team and being effective in the playoffs; throw in the fact that Jensen wouldn’t even be playing every game and I seriously question that the benefit would be worth the cost.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Here’s the biggest problem with adding Jensen: yes, he would be an upgrade on Girardi. But even if we were to send Girardi to Syracuse we’d still have to rotate Jensen with Stralman, Cernak, and Sergachev as we certainly aren’t benching any of those guys for him. Defensemen added at the deadline already have a difficult time fitting in with their new team and being effective in the playoffs; throw in the fact that Jensen wouldn’t even be playing every game and I seriously question that the benefit would be worth the cost.
Ya, I just don't see a fit here.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Let’s also consider the opportunity cost: that 2nd+ could be used in the summer to move Callahan’s contract or to acquire a cheap defensemen for next season when we’ll have far greater need for one. Do we really want to spend it to upgrade our 7D now?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
From what I can tell Stralman has suddenly been all offence and no defence this year, his possession and especially shot suppression numbers are some of the worst in the league all of a suddenly. I don't know what happened.

He has definitely fallen off a bit. On top of that he was playing some pretty difficult minutes which hurts his stats a lot. I feel like he is still good enough to be our #4 Defenseman and his possession numbers should look much better once he plays against easier competition.

Jensen might be a slight upgrade but not really big enough for it to be worth it for us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
3rd and B-/C Prospect

Who sits if TBL get's Jensen? Girardi I guess?

Jensen to Toronto for their 3rd and someone like Tymashov

Girardi's already likely to sit. Next up is Sergachev on the right, and I don't see him sitting.

A lot of these deals don't make sense, because we're talking about giving up assets for players unlikely to make the line-up.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To be clear if the Red Wings took Tampa's 3rd for Jensen--the earliest that pick looks to be is 89 overall and it might go to 93. It's a very late 3rd round pick and it would be a very late 2nd round pick if Tampa had one available.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I just love when fans of less successful franchises that luck boxed into some talent gives advice.

I just love it when fans of irrelevant teams make statements like this.

And if you think we just “lucked” into all of the late round, undrafted, and trade-acquired stars on our team you clearly don’t know anything about hockey.

I understand the bitterness though - after all you have to live in Detroit.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I just love it when fans of irrelevant teams make statements like this.

And if you think we just “lucked” into all of the late round, undrafted, and trade-acquired stars on our team you clearly don’t know anything about hockey.

I understand the bitterness though - after all you have to live in Detroit.

I dont live in Detroit :laugh:

All those late round stars? Dude, Tampa has seven first round and three second round picks on their roster. Wings won the cup instead of drafting Stamkos. And yes, you are lucky when a 3rd round becomes anything but a fringe NHLer.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I dont live in Detroit :laugh:

All those late round stars? Dude, Tampa has seven first round and three second round picks on their roster. Wings won the cup instead of drafting Stamkos. And yes, you are lucky when a 3rd round becomes anything but a fringe NHLer.

Most of those were acquired via trade. Meanwhile we have in our top six:

Johnson: undrafted
Gourde: undrafted
Palat: seventh round
Point: third round
Kucherov: mid second round

That’s five of our top six forwards who were absolute steals. Damn, we must be the luckiest team ever! Or you could simply be clueless. I know which seems far more likely.:thumbu:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i seriously hate pissing contests especially from the two teams ive loved my whole life....

anywho NO to BORIS you aint getting our russians:)

second detroit and tampa have proven but good scouting and development that you can get diamonds in the rough better honestly then any other teams in last 20 years.... anyway again

jensen is ok good speed havent kept up much this year a second would work but stralman has been fine honestly and if he is set with stralman they are awesome guy was worried a bit on would have been coburn but pulled his stats this year on 5 on 5 he is 15th in league of scoring while on ice for his team vs scoring of other team!!!! mcd and cernak have given up 1 goal 5 on 5 in I think 37 games lmfao

so thats our top four heddy stralman
cernak mcd
coburn.... sergachev is learning and more offensive then defensive and he is usually out with coburn but AGAIN coburn aint hurting us while on ice so how much has sergachev hurt us? jensen would be for girardi who is ok blocks shots will play pk when needed etc...

So not much of a fit honestly... finally a second plus a small amount? is fair deal for what I thought jensen would be after 300 games... not sure if hes there yet... so far good offer imho

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Most of those were acquired via trade. Meanwhile we have in our top six:

Johnson: undrafted
Gourde: undrafted
Palat: seventh round
Point: third round
Kucherov: mid second round

That’s five of our top six forwards who were absolute steals. Damn, we must be the luckiest team ever! Or you could simply be clueless. I know which seems far more likely.:thumbu:

You count them as stars? And yes you are lucky lol. Are you claiming this was because of your superior scouting for late round talent? Because then you really shouldnt tell others they dont know about hockey.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
You count them as stars? And yes you are lucky lol. Are you claiming this was because of your superior scouting for late round talent? Because then you really shouldnt tell others they dont know about hockey.

That’s exactly what it is. Nobody’s that lucky. And I’ve had about enough of your asinine and childish posts. Goodbye and good riddance!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Worst case send Joseph down until the playoffs (or injuries). Let him play on Syracuse's top line and recall him for the playoffs at the latest when the roster limit is gone.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Worst case send Joseph down until the playoffs (or injuries). Let him play on Syracuse's top line and recall him for the playoffs at the latest when the roster limit is gone.

That would actually make things worse - then we’d have five RD on the roster that we’d be rotating to get playing time. The issue is getting Jensen integrated into our team so that he can be effective in the postseason. This is a challenge with rental defensemen in general; throw in the fact that Jensen won’t even be playing every game and I just don’t see him adding much.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Man there's some heavy salt in this thread.

I love fans of teams that aren't currently relevant that get upset that other teams are better than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->