Value of: Nick Jensen to Tampa at the TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I assume the plan is to send Girardi to Syracuse? And even assuming we do that, who does Jensen replace in our starting lineup between Stralman, Cernak, and Sergachev? Or are we paying a 2nd+ just to upgrade our 7D for the playoffs?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Let's say it is known that Jensen isn't returning in the summer and that Stralman has interest in signing with Detroit, a Stralman for Jensen trade would be a good deal. When Kronwall retires, Stralman can take his place.

Cholowski - Green
Daley - Hronek
Dekeyser - Stralman
Extra : Ericsson

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Let's say it is known that Jensen isn't returning in the summer and that Stralman has interest in signing with Detroit, a Stralman for Jensen trade would be a good deal. When Kronwall retires, Stralman can take his place.

Cholowski - Green
Daley - Hronek
Dekeyser - Stralman
Extra : Ericsson

That would be a horrible deal for the Lightning who would be downgrading their defense significantly right before the playoffs.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Based on the market for defenseman and his skillset, even if he's not actually the best player, I think he actually returns a first. (the deal will universally be seen as an overpayment)

And to avoid just being called a homer, I think Nyquist generates offers of a 3rd or 4th rounder and nobody offers anything for Howard at all.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Based on the market for defenseman and his skillset, even if he's not actually the best player, I think he actually returns a first. (the deal will universally be seen as an overpayment)

And to avoid just being called a homer, I think Nyquist generates offers of a 3rd or 4th rounder and nobody offers anything for Howard at all.

You're out to lunch

Reactions: Howard35 and Oddbob

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

:laugh: Boyle returned a 2nd, No way Nyquist doesn't return at least a 2nd+Prospect. If we only get a 3rd or 4th for Gus. Then Holland resigns him. It's that simple.

Reactions: Oddbob

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
1st round pick.

Payback for when you robbed us of ours for Kyle friggin' Quincey.

giphy.gif

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Jensen is currently better than Stralman, who's really fallen off this season - especially defensively.
Don’t watch any of Jensen, but stralman has been fine this year. He has been asked to do a lot less, but he has been solid as always.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Asking for a 1st or a 2+ is highly unrealistic, I'm sure Detroit would be happy with a 2nd alone

Or a prospect and I won't even pretend to know what your pool looks like

Its was either Mackenzie or Friedman who said 3 or 4 days ago that the wings are asking for a second+something for Jensen. A few teams have already put their thirds and possibly their thirds plus something on the table for him but Detroit is waiting. I doubt he gets a first but hes the best rental dman, especially with Oesterle signing again.

There will be a bidding war and Holland will get his second plus something. Theres nothing unrealistic about a 2nd+something if you follow what players go for at the deadline consistently. Boyle for a second when there is a lot of forwards on the market vs the best rental dman when there isnt many dmen on the market. You think its realistic that Jensen only returns what Boyle does?

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Don’t watch any of Jensen, but stralman has been fine this year. He has been asked to do a lot less, but he has been solid as always.
From what I can tell Stralman has suddenly been all offence and no defence this year, his possession and especially shot suppression numbers are some of the worst in the league all of a suddenly. I don't know what happened.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Jensen is currently better than Stralman, who's really fallen off this season - especially defensively.

Stralman’s struggled after coming back from his injury but we’ve been rotating our RDs to keep everybody fresh and I’m more confident that he can return to form by the playoffs than I am in a defensive rental being effective on his new team by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad