Injury Report: Nick Grossmann (possible groin injury) is listed as day-to-day; likely to play Mar. 7

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hope m.r.i shows it is minor. if it takes a few weeks, we just keep moving up the 2013 draft charts. the good news is getting mez back, but mez is a much different style of dman.:shakehead

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Nicklas Grossmann making difference on defense

Way to go Panotch! Nice jinx!

NEW YORK – Peter Laviolette doesn’t hold back when describing Nicklas Grossman’s 6-foot-4 stature on the ice.

“He's a mountain of a man out there,†the Flyers' coach said. “He's moving well, making a real good first pass out there out of our end. He's blocking shots, he's physical, he's done a really good job for us.â€

Tonight, the Flyers play the New York Rangers, a team that was once tenacious at shot blocking – third in the NHL last season – but just 18th currently.

Grossmann comes into the game as the NHL league-leader in blocked shots with 66 – one more than Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik.

“I don’t think I’ve ever led the league in blocked shots,†Grossmann mused.

As a team, the Flyers are fourth overall with 357 blocks. Colorado is first with 377.

“It’s just part of the job, I guess,†Grossmann said. “You kill a lot of penalties and have to block shots. You look at the team we play tonight. They led the league [earlier] in blocked shots.

“It made them successful. It’s a small thing, but it’s about small details. If you are good at different things and I can keep the puck from coming to our net, it’s a good thing.â€

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/nicklas-grossmann-making-difference-defense

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It appears the primary concern is related to the groin rather than the hip flexor according to a Twitter comment by Tim P.

Upon post game re-evaluation Grossmann will be treated for a groin injury and not hip flexor

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The first word from the Flyers on Grossmann is "day-to-day."

Generally that means questionable for the next game but awaiting word from Holmgren.

Source: Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37
#flyers Injury updates: Matt Read is day to day. Nicklas Grossmann is day to day with a lower body injury. Meszaros is day to day. #NHL

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Thought he was due for an MRI. Was it addressed at all, or do we assume they decided he didn't need one?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thought he was due for an MRI. Was it addressed at all, or do we assume they decided he didn't need one?

Eskin linked the MRI and Grossmann through a source. Others confirmed a doctor visit today. My guess is there will be a further update tomorrow especially with regards to his playing status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->