Injury Report: Nick Grossmann (possible groin injury) is listed as day-to-day; likely to play Mar. 7

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NEW YORK – Nicklas Grossmann was counting his blessings at Wednesday's morning skate that it had been quite a while since he had suffered an injury blocking a shot.

Well, Grossmann, who has had an outstanding season so far, was injured in the first period and did not return.

He didn’t block a shot, though, but rather suffered a hip flexor, sources said.

He actually finished the period, so Grossmann played through injury.

Grossmann entered the game as the NHL’s leading shot blocker with 66. He had two more that period and now has 68.

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/grossman-leaves-game-against-rangers-injury

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
On average, how long does a hip flexor injury keep you out for?

Depends on the severity. From what I have seen it can cause pain to the groin, knee and areas elsewhere. Not all are the same. I think it is too early to speculate on games missed.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
Depends on the severity. From what I have seen it can cause pain to the groin, knee and areas elsewhere. Not all are the same. I think it is too early to speculate on games missed.

It's not usually a real long-term injury depending on severity and so long as the player doesn't rush back too quickly. Sometimes can be as few a 1-2 games, can also be a couple weeks.

Hopefully, since Grossmann finished the first period before leaving the game, it's more precautionary than anything else -- was tightening on him, so he came out.

Of course, that's all speculation. We'll see.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's not usually a real long-term injury depending on severity and so long as the player doesn't rush back too quickly. Sometimes can be as few a 1-2 games, can also be a couple weeks.

Hopefully, since Grossmann finished the first period before leaving the game, it's more precautionary than anything else -- was tightening on him, so he came out.

Of course, that's all speculation. We'll see.

Hip flexor can be a nagging injury that requires some time to rehab as well...while he'll be able to play, he won't be at 100%. Ultrasound before the game can loosen the muscle up to play adequately and without pain though. Assuming it's not a tear or something along those lines. I'm no expert, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->