Nick Foligno

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think this was one of those trades that, at the time, nobody really noticed ... but when everyone looks back on it 2-3 years from now, it will be a deal that was perfect for both teams. Columbus clearly has a glut of quality (if not spectacular) defensemen, and needed help up front ... while Ottawa's problem was completely the opposite.

I really like what Nick Foligno has brought. Some skill, a ton of hard work, a nice mix of grit and physical play ... perfect fit for a young, rebuilding team.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad

With LA doing so poorly as of now, I'm not sure if that would have been a good idea.

As far as Foligno goes, he certainly doesn't have hands of stone. There have been a few times where he had a really nice move on the goaltender where he just got robbed. I forget which game it was, but I was watching the other team's feed, and their announcers said that a move he made on the goaltender looked like Forsberg.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
hasn't quite put it all together here yet, but his work ethic shows every time he's on the ice...take care of Meth for us...

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It's very early to tell, no training camp and very little skill and creativity up front for Columbus. I think Foligno will turn out just fine but he hasn't really hit stride yet. I wasn't a huge fan of Methot. Thought he was a bottom pair guy with limitations in the offensive zone but size and skating is a good thing to have on the back end. he'll help in Ottawa the same as Foligno will help in Cbus. Should end up a win-win trade.

Certainly no down side for either team which is a good thing too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->