Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Sudbury Woves-OHL 2004 stats:

GP 65 G 10 A 28 PTS 38 PIM 111

His game is like that of Dad maybe even chippier according to those PIM's. Maybe he will be a better version of Blunden. Anyone see him Top 10 next year?

bruins4777*

He was in my math class 2 years ago, he's kind of an arse. He's really good at hockey though...well then again i only saw him play high school talent...so ya.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
borro said:
Sudbury Woves-OHL 2004 stats:

GP 65 G 10 A 28 PTS 38 PIM 111

His game is like that of Dad maybe even chippier according to those PIM's. Maybe he will be a better version of Blunden. Anyone see him Top 10 next year?

How do those stats get you into the top 10? Perhaps the top 10 in the 5th round!

bruins4777*

HabLover said:
How do those stats get you into the top 10? Perhaps the top 10 in the 5th round!

He might make strides offensively as many players do in their draft year

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Let's see Kessel, Toews, Frolik, Sheppard, Mueller, Joensuu, Little, that's already the bulk of the top 10. I don't think he'll improve that much next year. Not a chance.

Sammy*

bruins4777 said:
He might make strides offensively as many players do in their draft year
No kidding. I laugh at these clowns who seem to think a modest output as a 17 year old in the CHL is somehow determinative of how they will output offensivly in the next few years.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Let's see Kessel, Toews, Frolik, Sheppard, Mueller, Joensuu, Little, that's already the bulk of the top 10. I don't think he'll improve that much next year. Not a chance.

Jon Toews and Ben Maxwell would be #8 and #9. Who knows about Foligno.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
HabLover said:

Stats don't tell the whole story.

Here's an example of someone with inferior stats who went 11th overall.

2001-02 OHL 63GP 18G 17A 35Pts 12PIM

His name is Jeff Carter

Sudz

Dec 26, 2002
Visit site
As someone who see's him play on a nightly basis I can tell you that he's got some sick moves. It took him a while to score his first goal but has played solid hockey all year. So far in the playoffs he has 6 points in 7 games. The last two games have been great. People putting him down have probably never seen him play. Next season he should put up big numbers.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Sudz said:
As someone who see's him play on a nightly basis I can tell you that he's got some sick moves. It took him a while to score his first goal but has played solid hockey all year. So far in the playoffs he has 6 points in 7 games. The last two games have been great. People putting him down have probably never seen him play. Next season he should put up big numbers.
Exactly.

People that rely only on stats to judge him probably never saw the kid play and try to make him look like a bad player (see Hablover)

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Another point of note is his game translates well to the NHL. The reason I asked is because his numbers were not that good this year. It doesn't always tell the story.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
fredez said:
Stats don't tell the whole story.

Here's an example of someone with inferior stats who went 11th overall.

2001-02 OHL 63GP 18G 17A 35Pts 12PIM

His name is Jeff Carter

Carter was a 16 yr old in 01/02 you bonehead and put up the same points as Foligno.

Foligno was a 17 yr old in 04/05(this season) and only scored 10 goals. Now, I'm not saying the guy sucks, just I really doubt he is a Top 10 pick after this season. After next year???....I doubt it, but I'm sure if you search hard enough you can find someone who had a poor 17 yr old season stats wise, who went in the Top 10 the following year.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
HabLover said:
Carter was a 16 yr old in 01/02 you bonehead and put up the same points as Foligno.

Foligno was a 17 yr old in 04/05(this season) and only scored 10 goals. Now, I'm not saying the guy sucks, just I really doubt he is a Top 10 pick after this season. After next year???....I doubt it, but I'm sure if you search hard enough you can find someone who had a poor 17 yr old season stats wise, who went in the Top 10 the following year.

Foligno was 16 when he started the season, it's only because he is born early (Oct 31)

It's both their first OHL seasons and they were both 1 year away from their draft.

Sammy*

borro said:
Come on man, he has a point. It doesn't mean Foligno will develop but he has the pedigree. Cut him some slack.
You'r right. He does have a point. The problem is, his point shows how little he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->