Nick Foligno Discussion

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Fun fact: His first two games with the Leafs are the first time he has recorded back to back games with an assist this year.

It's also just the 2nd time he has had points in back to back games when he had points in 3 straight in January.

I have a feeling he'll like playing with guys that can score..
Anyone who leaves Columbus will have an up-tick an offence. Add in the fact he is getting minutes with top players he will easily be a 20-20 power forward for us with ridiculous intangibles and leadership. He’s going to prove his worth in the playoffs.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Anyone who leaves Columbus will have an up-tick an offence. Add in the fact he is getting minutes with top players he will easily be a 20-20 power forward for us with ridiculous intangibles and leadership. He’s going to prove his worth in the playoffs.
Prime days over -welcome to the Leafs

Reactions: ER89

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Ill admit that I've been wrong on my assessment of foligno so far. I knew hed bring the physicality but I've been pleasantly surprised as to how much he's brought and his skating is better than I remember. Can't wait to have Hyman back. Have those 2 playing in the lineup will definitely cause some fits.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Fun fact: His first two games with the Leafs are the first time he has recorded back to back games with an assist this year.

It's also just the 2nd time he has had points in back to back games when he had points in 3 straight in January.

I have a feeling he'll like playing with guys that can score..

A jump in offensive production shoudlnt be surprised either.

The guys never came close to playing with the type of offensive firepower in his career as the Matthews-Marner tandem .

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Huh? I'm pretty sure those 3 were brought in because they performed very well, some against elite competition. Didn't Bolland win a Cup? Pretty sure Dion was a legend before coming here. Clarkson you could argue was a one hit wonder and we paid him similar to Blake after a career year. But I don't think your assertion of them being drastically different from Foligno is correct or close.

I still say that Bolland should have won the Smythe that one year and that he would have deserved it. Not like the ridiculousness some casual fans bleat who think that kisele guy should have won with Pittsburgh.

Reactions: smitty10

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Ill admit that I've been wrong on my assessment of foligno so far. I knew hed bring the physicality but I've been pleasantly surprised as to how much he's brought and his skating is better than I remember. Can't wait to have Hyman back. Have those 2 playing in the lineup will definitely cause some fits.

dont forget Sandin and Simmonds

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
we are 2-0 with since Foligno joined

i swear the man is conserving all his mojo for the playoffs.

I love both Hyman and Foligno but Foligno is overall a better player, he and Hyman will be the DIFFERENCE makers in the playoffs also Sandin too and lights out Campbell

i dont think there is a single team in the NHL that would NOT be fine with this as one of their lines

dont forget Sandin and Simmonds

interested to see what impact Foligno makes in the MTL games

What’s with the 8pm start?

Multi-Quote - not just an abstract concept but a useful tool

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Honestly thought Foligno was going to have a slow start coming right out of quarantine to play & would take some time to adjust; didn't expect him to be this good until at least early playoffs or very end of regular season, he's been great.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Translated from this article.
Merzļikins par situāciju Kolumbusā: "Negribu dalīt vārtus"

Did you lose a friend in the person of Nick Foligno?
Elvis Merzlinkins said:
Yes. I am very sorry for the departure of Nick and David Savar, because they were excellent team members. I haven't seen a better captain than Foligno yet. He was really great as a player and a man in the locker room. Also outside of hockey, Nick has taught me a lot. He is a great example and a father of three. A great example of how a man treats his children and wife. Since I will soon be a dad myself, I can learn a lot. I didn't have a father myself, my brother taught me everything. I just started to get so close with Nick that he was already gone. I don't think you can afford to get too close to people here, because one of us may be away tomorrow. It's all just one call and ten seconds away.

Reactions: The Cobra

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
For those that ate crow, good on you.

For those that were against the trade and haven't come around yet, stick to spread sheets ;)

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
There just isn't a better playoff warrior than Nick Foligno when you are trying to win the Stanley Cup, the fact he was available to anyone is almost sureal... I honestly believe this was meant to be.

Nick Foligno sees exactly what John Tavares, Jason Spezza and Joe Thorton see... playing with Matthews and Marner increases their chances of winning the Stanley Cup tremendously.

Reactions: Lumberg

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I see Foligno has a slightly more skilled Hyman.
Whether he clicks with Marner and Matthews remains to be seen, but thus far he's been just great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad