Nick Foligno Discussion

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I wonder if the league even care about those games , if Winnipeg and Montreal win one more each and Van and Calgary lose one each then its a done deal really , they could bump our games with the Sens and Jets forward 1 day and end the season on the 13th with no consequences in the standings
Correction if it matters to the Oilers going forward they could drop the Van-Calgary game on the 14th and move the Oilers - Nucks to that day and end the North division on the 14th without changing our scheddy

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if the league even care about those games , if Winnipeg and Montreal win one more each and Van and Calgary lose one each then its a done deal really , they could bump our games with the Sens and Jets forward 1 day and end the season on the 13th with no consequences in the standings

From all I have read, they are committed to finishing the season. Probably for multiple reasons, not least of which would be the expectations from advertisers.

They gave themselves some leeway anyways knowing that there might be some cases of the virus throughout the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
From all I have read, they are committed to finishing the season. Probably for multiple reasons, not least of which would be the expectations from advertisers.

They gave themselves some leeway anyways knowing that there might be some cases of the virus throughout the season.

They could start the playoffs while those teams are finishing up their seasons

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019

Wouldn't that be then 'Days to Days"
giphy.gif

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Well that is WAY better than any long term injury. Let him rest up and just be ready for the playoffs, or maybe a game before the playoffs.
My guess is that he had a back spasm, given it was not a specific hit or fall that set it off. He moved very gingerly walking up the hallway upon leaving the ice. Taking a week off would seem to be the required course of action if it was that.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
That seems to be the best we can hope for, but strains are difficult to project in terms of recovery. Day to day sounds like it characterizes a strain. I’m happy it wasn’t a done for the year update!

Reactions: BayStBullies

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I am amazed not a single update has been made. Not sure what to make of that.

Other leagues are so much smarter when it comes to resting players, they understand that the postseason is all that matters. I get wanting to play but with only a few games left health should be the priority.
So who do you rest? The whole team? If they picked and chose who was to be rested, and who wasn’t, foligno likely isn’t rested.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I’ve loved me Foligno so far, just as expected and advertised - he had a really nice hit last game he played on the Ozone, just a simple heavy finish, nothing too aggressive but it’s effective

Matthews and Marner are a half foot taller with him on their line

I just hope it’s not a Nolan situation and we see him again because we’ll likely not see him next year

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Refreshing to see someone finish a check without putting themselves out of position. Solid two week to get himself healthy again. Him, Simmonds and Hyman on the team at the same time will be great.

Reactions: Cobra777

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
is there really any point in playing our top players for the remaining games? just play all the rookies. Its way too risky to risk injury to our playoff lines for non playoff games that really dont matter at this point

Reactions: bonjovi0308

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
is there really any point in playing our top players for the remaining games? just play all the rookies. Its way too risky to risk injury to our playoff lines for non playoff games that really dont matter at this point
The moment Matthews hits 40, I’m okay with them just resting people. Don’t really care if the Oilers pass us. The Jets and the Habs are a toss up for 4th seed anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->