Nick Foligno Discussion

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Didn't realize that and meant no offense.

It harkens back to about 6 or 7 years when a Leaf goalie was hurt and little information was being released. A Toronto reporter took it upon himself to call the goalie's mother to try and get injury details. So whenever we don't have info about an injury the joke is "call his mother".

Yes and the reporter was trying to stir up controversy by making it seem as though Leaf medical personnel were lying about his diagnosis. Upon further examination his diagnosis ended up lining up exactly with what Leaf medical staff said. Worse yet the reporter presented the mother's "feelings" (with zero background in diagnosis) as trumping an actual diagnosis. For the trifecta, the reporter is a known Leaf hater.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Didn't realize that and meant no offense.

It harkens back to about 6 or 7 years when a Leaf goalie was hurt and little information was being released. A Toronto reporter took it upon himself to call the goalie's mother to try and get injury details. So whenever we don't have info about an injury the joke is "call his mother".

How can his mother be dead in 2009 and yet Feschuk called her to ask about Reimer's head injury in 2011-13? I think the poster saying she is dead might be wrong about that and thinking of someone else.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
How can his mother be dead in 2009 and yet Feschuk called her to ask about Reimer's head injury in 2011-13? I think the poster saying she is dead might be wrong about that and thinking of someone else.

Foligno’s mother passed away, that is who poster is talking about.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yes and the reporter was trying to stir up controversy by making it seem as though Leaf medical personnel were lying about his diagnosis. Upon further examination his diagnosis ended up lining up exactly with what Leaf medical staff said. Worse yet the reporter presented the mother's "feelings" (with zero background in diagnosis) as trumping an actual diagnosis. For the trifecta, the reporter is a known Leaf hater.

And a known jackass

Reactions: PromisedLand

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The old adage "no news is good news" may not apply here. I'm really curious as to the delay in leaking some information out to the public. Are they getting a second opinion and doing multiple tests?

Hopefully I am wrong. Usually there is some kind of update, even if just a single sentence.

Reactions: TopChedder

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
If it’s a back issue, he’s probably not playing in the first round.

I am amazed not a single update has been made. Not sure what to make of that.

Other leagues are so much smarter when it comes to resting players, they understand that the postseason is all that matters. I get wanting to play but with only a few games left health should be the priority.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I remember us receiving a plethora of huge talent, cannot remember the year, but we got Gilmour, Leetch and Owen Nolan.

Gilmour suffered the fastest, weirdest injury right away, Leetch blew me away with how great he was, and Nolan blew me away as well, but he went down pretty quickly, for good.

Foligno showed me, almost right away, why he is worth for a playoff, cup starved team, a lot more than what will essentially be a high second round pick.

But the way Foligno plays, his age. Probably the reason we even had a chance for him and most likely the reason, no one outbid us.

But in honour of Nick, just seeing you these grab samples of games. I salute you. Hope for my home teams sake, we get some more of your services some more this year.

If not, thanks for the small portion of nice memories, you are a heckuva NHL hockey player.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Foligno showed me, almost right away, why he is worth for a playoff, cup starved team, a lot more than what will essentially be a high second round pick.

Factually, a late 1st and two fourths.

A 2nd is what Hall went for.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Poster was referring to Foligno's mother not Reimer's.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I love how people on here jump to these doom and gloom conclusions with no idea what's going on at all. He's day-to-day and he could be more hurt than they are letting on but I would be very surprised if he isn't playing in Game 1.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I love how people on here jump to these doom and gloom conclusions with no idea what's going on at all. He's day-to-day and he could be more hurt than they are letting on but I would be very surprised if he isn't playing in Game 1.

It was worse with Hyman. People were resigned to the fact that he tore his ACL and was done for 6 months.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The old adage "no news is good news" may not apply here. I'm really curious as to the delay in leaking some information out to the public. Are they getting a second opinion and doing multiple tests?

Hopefully I am wrong. Usually there is some kind of update, even if just a single sentence.

This front office has been pretty tight lipped about most player injuries. Rielly for example had an mri two summers ago and it didn't come out until months later.

Silence is just their standard operating procedure it seems

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Well that is WAY better than any long term injury. Let him rest up and just be ready for the playoffs, or maybe a game before the playoffs.

He must take whatever time is necessary and rehabilitate whatever is nagging him if applicable. The Canucks still have 9 games to play, so playoffs will be pushed back a few days.

As Hulk Hogan would say "eat your vitamins and minerals brother" and we will see you in the playoffs. Hopefully fresh and ready to put this team over the top.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This front office has been pretty tight lipped about most player injuries. Rielly for example had an mri two summers ago and it didn't come out until months later.

Silence is just their standard operating procedure it seems

Possibly. They just have to know that Leafs Nation all feel like part of the team and they always want updates. It's the nature of the beast with the team finally looking competitive and successful after such a lengthy stretch. It's all about the playoffs. Has been since they were knocked out by Columbus.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
He must take whatever time is necessary and rehabilitate whatever is nagging him if applicable. The Canucks still have 9 games to play, so playoffs will be pushed back a few days.

As Hulk Hogan would say "eat your vitamins and minerals brother" and we will see you in the playoffs. Hopefully fresh and ready to put this team over the top.
I wonder if the league even care about those games , if Winnipeg and Montreal win one more each and Van and Calgary lose one each then its a done deal really , they could bump our games with the Sens and Jets forward 1 day and end the season on the 13th with no consequences in the standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad