Nick Foligno Discussion

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I just hope he's okay and injury is minor.

I heard today is Leafs scheduled day off and will resume practice tomorrow --we may not hear any updates until then but would be great to see Foligno take the ice.

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
has to be back related. When your back spasms it can drop you to your knees. I know he was reaching for his leg, but it looked like he just trying to bend out his spasm to me. He got f***ed in that practice collision a week ago, and then took a maintenance day later on that week. I wouldn't be surprised if he tweaked something there. He has probably been nursing something since. Hopefully he can shelf it until the end of the year and be fully ready for R1

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t like that we have to wait until tomorrow most likely for an update. Please be ok Nick

Could potentially be a good sign if it's a nagging injury. Nick Foligno could say to the team "this is a recurring issue I've been dealing with and it usually goes away within 48 hours and a bit of cold therapy" or whatever. Not good that it's a recurring injury but not bad in the sense that it'll keep him out for any length of time.

Reactions: glue

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Anyone got his mother's phone number?
The impression I get is that this is a running joke about something for you guys based on the additional responses. If you guys are unaware, his mom died in 2009 of breast cancer. So, at least to me, joke or not, this comes across in very poor taste.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
A first round pick for an injured rental won't look good on the Dubas resume. It better be nothing.
I agree. Imagine if he had done that? Foligno, who incidentally went for a first round pick and got injured a few games later, on the other hand, any update on him?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The impression I get is that this is a running joke about something for you guys based on the additional responses. If you guys are unaware, his mom died in 2009 of breast cancer. So, at least to me, joke or not, this comes across in very poor taste.

Didn't realize that and meant no offense.

It harkens back to about 6 or 7 years when a Leaf goalie was hurt and little information was being released. A Toronto reporter took it upon himself to call the goalie's mother to try and get injury details. So whenever we don't have info about an injury the joke is "call his mother".

Reactions: napoleon in rags

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->