Injury Report: Nick Bjugstad Out for Season

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Has anybody ever felt less a member of the team than him in a calendar year? Is ok for a bit, disappears in the playoffs, starts slow the next season, is injured forever after.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
tenor.gif

Screw this dude

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Is Bjud's contract THAT onerous though where we'd need to dump him?

The turd needed flushing this year.

His earlier injury was likely the only thing that kept him around through TDL, conveniently only became healthy like a week after it. Real convenient.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The Pens are the only time ADDING injuries during a pandemic shutdown.

Well, you can't ask a leopard to change its spots, can you, Cole? :laugh:

If it's career ending, I wonder if he'd try to rehab anyway and go to camp only to get LTIR'd through the end of his contract and retire with a little more scratch. I feel bad for the dude, he's just never been healthy here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
My concern from a team perspective is that it hurts our overall depth. With both Simon and Bjugstad out, there's even more pressure on the bottom six guys to produce. McCann in particular. And the way he played over the last few weeks prior to the shutdown, didn't exactly instill me with a lot of confidence.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
They'll hurt the return on Murray or Jarry to dump Bjugstad in that deal, the same way the Capitals hurt Grubauer's return to dump Orpik's contract.

Bjugstad's only got a year left, though, wouldn't it be better to just buy him out or LTIR him into oblivion for the remainder of his contract than try to move him?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Has he had issues in the past?

It's gonna get to the point where players are just going to like... promptly retire from the NHL and run off to the Sweden for a year to play when the Penguins acquire their rights.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well, you can't ask a leopard to change its spots, can you, Cole? :laugh:

If it's career ending, I wonder if he'd try to rehab anyway and go to camp only to get LTIR'd through the end of his contract and retire with a little more scratch. I feel bad for the dude, he's just never been healthy here.
Totally agree, man. Totally agree. I see this guy being signed for like 1 year/2m by a team and killing it on a non-playoff team and somehow playing 70 games. :laugh: This is just your classic Derrick Brassard like player. A player you think is a decent "gamble" to bring in and just is absolute garbage in terms of fit.

You saw parts of his game where you realize why he is good. But putting it together consistently... NEVER happened. People give Simon crap and he was like an 800k player. I'd take Simon at 1-2m over Bjugs 24/7 365.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My concern from a team perspective is that it hurts our overall depth. With both Simon and Bjugstad out, there's even more pressure on the bottom six guys to produce. McCann in particular. And the way he played over the last few weeks didn't exactly instill me with a lot of confidence.

We still have a bunch of competant young guys in the AHL who don't have a post season, though. Bjugs was depth, but it's not like we're losing a ton of production without him, even when he was healthy.

Also, on a related note, has anyone seen @Honour Over Glory lately? Last I saw him he was muttering something about a "cricket bat".

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad