Nick Backstrom or Patrice Bergeron

Nick Backstrom or Patrice Bergeron

• Nick Backstrom

• Patrice Bergeron

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Comparing their point totals is kind of pointless (no pun intended). For most of Backstrom's career he played with Ovechkin, whereas Bergeron has not played with anyone near that caliber...ok...ok... Marchand is close (only within the last couple seasons) and Pastrnak is no slouch, but they aren't Ovechkin.

Backström has produced close to or just as well when not put on Ovis line or the few times Ovi has been out of the lineup. Bergeron centering Marchand and Pastrnak this year vs Oshie and one of burakovsky/Vrana/Stephenson/Several others is quite clearly going Bergerons way. Backström wasnt far behind Bergeron this year in PPG after a strong ending to the season while playing tougher minutes 49% defensive zone starts vs Bergeron 40,6%. Bergeron have gone from beeing Bruins defensive center to get the offensive assignments when getting Bruins two bestoffensive guys on the line. While Backström have gotten tougher minutes beeing played away from Ovechkin.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Backstrom. Bergeron is one of the most overrated players in the league, but that's typically the case with the "2 way" guys.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Backstrom. Bergeron is one of the most overrated players in the league, but that's typically the case with the "2 way" guys.
by that logic, wouldn't backstrom be overrated as well? why doesn't he have any selkes? why is his highest selke voting only 7th place?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
by that logic, wouldn't backstrom be overrated as well? why doesn't he have any selkes? why is his highest selke voting only 7th place?

Backstrom has been the most underrated player of this generation and this poll proves it. Losing to a guy who hasn't topped 70pts in 10+ years.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
The truth hurts, I see.

Backstrom has been getting overrated some defensively as far as I'm concerned, but the offensive difference to Bergeron is still quite large. Bergeron has never in his career over the course of a full season produced at a higher clip than Backstrom's career average. Backstrom has been somewhere around 20-25% better offensive producer generally speaking. Does the defensive difference make up for that?

My biggest issue with Backstrom used to be I found him a kind of weak playoff performer, but I'm not convinced that still holds.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Backstrom has been getting overrated some defensively as far as I'm concerned, but the offensive difference to Bergeron is still quite large. Bergeron has never in his career over the course of a full season produced at a higher clip than Backstrom's career average. Backstrom has been somewhere around 20-25% better offensive producer generally speaking. Does the defensive difference make up for that?

My biggest issue with Backstrom used to be I found him a kind of weak playoff performer, but I'm not convinced that still holds.

A resounding yes. Bergeron is dominant vs any other center, one on one. That's the reason why he is considered by most a top 5 center in the league.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Backstrom has been the most underrated player of this generation and this poll proves it. Losing to a guy who hasn't topped 70pts in 10+ years.
He hasn't been the most underrated player of this generation. He's had his stats improved by playing with ovi. Without ovi he isn't a ppg player.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
He hasn't been the most underrated player of this generation. He's had his stats improved by playing with ovi. Without ovi he isn't a ppg player.
Thats funnny he was over ppg in Playoffs playing on another line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad