Nick Backstrom or Patrice Bergeron

Nick Backstrom or Patrice Bergeron

• Nick Backstrom

• Patrice Bergeron

Results are only viewable after voting.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Bergeron is arguably one of the best if not the best defensive forward of all time while also producing great offensive numbers. Backstrom is a damn good center but i would say Bergeron.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Take Backstrom. Bergerons career high is 73 points.
Backstroms puts up more points, better career ppg. Higher peak (101 points) and is no slouch defensively, power play monster.

Bergeron being the best defensive forward in the league makes it close.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Lol are you that insecure? I was answering to someone claiming Backstrom shouldn't have any votes

Don't believe I was looking for a therapist but thanks for the concern.

If you don't want to debate your own point you brought up then I guess it's all good.

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
Don't believe I was looking for a therapist but thanks for the concern.
If you don't want to debate your own point you brought up then I guess it's all good.
Lmao someone claimed Backstrom shouldn't get any vote in this poll and I brought up the fact that he averaged 0.22ppg more than Bergeron through his career.
Now it's subjective if you think his defensive play makes up for that difference or not, I don't know what else there is to debate

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Depends what your team needs. Need one of the best PP centers and offensive production while still beeing one of the best defencive centers then Backström. Need a shutdown center with intangibles and of the best PK centers with decent production then Bergeron. Like if I was Carolina with J. Staal as a capable shutdown center and a below average PP I would think Backström would be better or as the blues GM with the second worst PP getting Backström to lead the PP and feed Tarasenko. Could also mention that Backström usually dominates vs Boston while Bergeron are struggling more when facing Backström and the Capitals.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Lmao someone claimed Backstrom shouldn't get any vote in this poll and I brought up the fact that he averaged 0.22ppg more than Bergeron through his career.
Now it's subjective if you think his defensive play makes up for that difference or not, I don't know what else there is to debate

Both are great players I just don't agree with your argument of why you prefer Backstrom if that is indeed what you were saying (considering you voted for Backstrom I felt it was a safe assumption)

I don't consider defense subjective but to each their own.

The post you are referencing was ridiculous I agree.

Reactions: Grabner

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
Both are great players I just don't agree with your argument of why you prefer Backstrom if that is indeed what you were saying (considering you voted for Backstrom I felt it was a safe assumption)

The post you are referencing was ridiculous I agree.

I think Kuz above explained it properly; really depends on your team needs and happens that mine doesn't score often. Can't go wrong with either or tbh

Reactions: DrJustice

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

It is subjective in the sense that there are not great statistics that back it up whereas for goal scoring there clearly is.

Many people abuse this as a license to claim a player is good at defense when they are very clearly not.

Reactions: bathdog

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Comparing their point totals is kind of pointless (no pun intended). For most of Backstrom's career he played with Ovechkin, whereas Bergeron has not played with anyone near that caliber...ok...ok... Marchand is close (only within the last couple seasons) and Pastrnak is no slouch, but they aren't Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad