News Article: Nichushkin returning on 2 Year deal

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, Putin was probably + 1 million...…

Do recall Nuke didn't lift the puck, thus wasting a lot of good rushes. Either needs to learn that or the backhand.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
+/- is more team related than player related lol
Yea your right but when it’s that high it at least shows he’s far from a liability out there . He doesn’t necessarily defend amazing IMO but he gets the puck out of his end and is good at hanging on to the puck down low in the corners , ends up spending more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone wich is always good for the plus minus .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yea your right but when it’s that high it at least shows he’s far from a liability out there . He doesn’t necessarily defend amazing IMO but he gets the puck out of his end and is good at hanging on to the puck down low in the corners , ends up spending more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone wich is always good for the plus minus .

Nah i dont really think it tells you anything. It's a garbage stat.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I decided to look it up. Nichushkin was +11 this past season. That was tied for 17th best+/- on his team.

I think that really shows he’s far from a liability out there . He doesn’t necessarily defend amazing IMO but he gets the puck out of his end and is good at hanging on to the puck down low in the corners , ends up spending more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone wich is always good for the plus minus .

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Nichushkin is meh on defense and offence. He doesn't really have the hockey IQ to excel in either. His only real asset is driving D-men back while the puck is transitioning up the ice.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think Nichushkin will be an improved player this season, but the one big thing I hope Radulov can do is get Nichushkin more amped up/more energy and put in a consistent effort all the time.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think that really shows he’s far from a liability out there . He doesn’t necessarily defend amazing IMO but he gets the puck out of his end and is good at hanging on to the puck down low in the corners , ends up spending more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone wich is always good for the plus minus .
I decided to look it up. Nichushkin was +11 this past season. That was tied for 17th best+/- on his team.
did you look up the season before that ? He was plus 25 and 1st on the team .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't care how he is defensively honestly. If he can contribute offensively then I'm all for it, and I know he isnt a defensive liability anyways so hes fine. It's not like hes going to be killing penalties for us. I will be extremely happy if he somehow puts up 40 points this year. That's what I'm concerned about

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't care how he is defensively honestly. If he can contribute offensively then I'm all for it, and I know he isnt a defensive liability anyways so hes fine. It's not like hes going to be killing penalties for us. I will be extremely happy if he somehow puts up 40 points this year. That's what I'm concerned about

40 points would be miraculous for Nichushkin this season

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Doesn't change the fact it's a team stat boss. I'll congratulate him on the 20 points in ****ty league tho
Never said it did . You were the one who copied my comment when buddy said he was 17th best on the team so just saying if it matters what place he was on the team , the year before he was first .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, Stars need a warm body on RW, so one with a bit of potential is not a bad thing. How many 2nd line RW score more than 20 goals? Ideally, they should, but......

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
WPG had Laine with 44, Wheeler with 23, and Armia at 12 goals, all listed as RW. Not sure who the 4th was.

But yeah, they were ideal offensive team and one of the highest scoring teams in the NHL. Pit had Malkin 42, Kessel 34, Hornquist 29 and Rust 13.

I am not going through all teams, but only a few could go 40/30/20/10 for their RW scoring. Most would be like near 30/20/10/2. We should have that in Rads/Nuke/Pitlick/Ritchie, maybe a few less for Rads and Nuke, and a few more from the lower lines.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I think Nichushkin will be an improved player this season, but the one big thing I hope Radulov can do is get Nichushkin more amped up/more energy and put in a consistent effort all the time.

Near $3M a year in the hope that someone else is going to encourage you to put in a consistent effort on a regular basis?

I think that is desperation in a nutshell.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I just watched a Nichushkin highlight video to reacquaint myself, and I swear to god, he didn’t get a puck above even chest level in any goal I saw. Never seen anything like it in the NHL. What kind of curve is he using on his stick? Anyone know? I’m not saying this would 100% fix him but he might be due for a switch.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I just watched a Nichushkin highlight video to reacquaint myself, and I swear to god, he didn’t get a puck above even chest level in any goal I saw. Never seen anything like it in the NHL. What kind of curve is he using on his stick? Anyone know? I’m not saying this would 100% fix him but he might be due for a switch.

It’s one of the oddest things in hockey. I could lift the puck when I was 8, top corner when I was 11. Why can’t an NHL level player lift the dam puck off the ice.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It’s fine.

valeri_nichushkin_dallas_031814.jpg

Reactions: Killer Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad