News Article: Nichushkin returning on 2 Year deal

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm excited for it. Everyone will hate on him so I hope he proves them all wrong. Hope he proves us all wrong really since none of us have that high of hopes for him. If he puts up 40 points next season I'd be more than thrilled, and I'm happy we are getting some nice speed and depth added to our lineup. Huge upgrade over Ritchie so that's a good start

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Exactly, free depth. This is not a negative signing. Hopefully Radulov takes him under his wing and teaches him a few things.

Nill OBVIOUSLY sees Nichuskin as the key to the playoffs. The two seasons he's played more than 8 games are the two seasons the Stars have gotten in.

And atleast he's pretty fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Very glad to see him back. He isn't as bad as lots of the negative stars fans around here think.

He always had great chemistry with Seguin and if they can work well together again it will help moving Rads onto a different line to give us more options.

Either way he's better then Ritchie and Pitlick. Not that Pitlick is bad or anything

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Cautiously optimistic. I have very low expectations so I won't be disappointed. It would be huge if he could contribute offensively to the tune of 15-20 goals.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
And the only playoff series they’ve won under Nill was one where Nichushkin was scratched.
Played 10 of a possible 13 playoff games....
2 of the 3 missed games were against St. Louis

Math just doesn't add up

Last edited:

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
And the only playoff series they’ve won under Nill was one where Nichushkin was scratched.
I was being sarcastic. Nichushkin only missed one game in the Minnesota series, although he was practically invisible the entire playoffs. I don't think Nichushkin actually caused Dallas to make the playoffs, just found it as an amusing coincidence.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I was being sarcastic. Nichushkin only missed one game in the Minnesota series, although he was practically invisible the entire playoffs. I don't think Nichushkin actually caused Dallas to make the playoffs, just found it as an amusing coincidence.
I was also having fun.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
funny-sign-no-fun-allowed-here-1.gif

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
For any curious why this deal has to wait until July 1st until it can be formally done, there are two separate reasons:

1) Group 2 free agents (RFA) like Nichushkin have to be signed by Dec 1st or they are ineligible to sign/play that season. So he could not be signed for 2017-18 after Dec 1st.

2) Generally players are not permitted to sign contracts that do not include the current season (League Year). This is why players like Kovalchuk and Koskinen have to wait until July 1st as well, even though they are no longer under contract to any KHL team. There are three exceptions to this rule**, however Nichushkin does not fit into any of those exception categories.

** The exceptions are:
a) Contract extension. Nichushkin isn't currently under NHL contract so he's not eligible to sign a contract extension.
b) Unsigned draft pick. They can be signed from March 1st to June 1st for the upcoming season.
c) Draft Related Free agent. They can be signed from March 1st to June 1st for the upcoming season. Generally draft related free agents are those players who are eligible to sign with any team as a UFA and have never been signed to an NHL contract before. e.g. Shipachyov last season.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I was also having fun.
My mistake, I've been dealing with a lot of irrational Nichushkin hate, so when someone post something like
the only playoff series they've won he was scratched for, when he in fact played in all but 1 game. I just assumed it was more of the irrational hated that wasn't founded in reality.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My mistake, I've been dealing with a lot of irrational Nichushkin hate, so when someone post something like
the only playoff series they've won he was scratched for, when he in fact played in all but 1 game. I just assumed it was more of the irrational hated that wasn't founded in reality.
My Nichushkin hatred is entirely rational.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Too much. He left when we gave Hudler his 2m slot, boy what a great choice that was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad