Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Serious issues?

The guy is seemingly addicted to a party drug/partying, hence his little Seattle stunt last year.

Then you look at his Instagram photos and it's clear the guy likes to have a good time and prioritizes that over hockey.
And despite that in the 8 games he played he was more effective than anyone else on the team.

Would you rather have Nuke who may not show up depending on whether he gets his hands on some powder. Or Rantanen who you know won't show up. Or MacK who may or may not compete depending on if the other team decides to check him for two consecutive games.

Reactions: Alienblood

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
This is incorrect
Please explain to me how the league terminating his contract for addiction will punish the Avs as a cap hit.

What could happen assuming he fails another test hasn’t happened in cap era and only happened once before with Brantt Myhres. It’s not comparable to the Mike Richards or Evander Kane situation (or Jake Dotchin etc) where the team terminated.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Please show us where it says in the CBA that entering phase 4 = league terminating his contract
its pretty clearly written in the part of a league ban. You think they just fire your ass but then continue to pay you 6m+ per year just because?

If you’re banned from the league after multiple suspensions, you don’t get to collect a contract. Ha

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
its pretty clearly written in the part of a lifetime ban. You think they just fire your ass but then continue to pay you 6m+ per year just because?
Please show us the part in the CBA where it says that phase 4 = lifetime ban then

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
This is sad.
Half of you are arguing CBA, the other debating ethics of drug use.
Nuke screwed the team.
Thrice.
I love the player.
I wish the addict well.
But I also want him off this team.

Full stop.
Nuke isn't an Av.
I don't care how.
He's gone.

Reactions: Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Please explain to me how the league terminating his contract for addiction will punish the Avs as a cap hit.

What could happen assuming he fails another test hasn’t happened in cap era and only happened once before with Brantt Myhres. It’s not comparable to the Mike Richards or Evander Kane situation (or Jake Dotchin etc) where the team terminated.
Stage 4 is not a ban. It is a 1 year suspension where reinstatement is not guaranteed. That does not mean outright ban or termination. If a player follows the program and is clean at the end, the NHLPA will fight for him to be reinstated and by the agreement, he should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad